1.    #1  
    I live in Pakistan and I am a great palm os fan. Sadly in my country, i cannot buy treo as it is not available in the open market.

I want to buy a treo 650 but unlocked treo's are very expensive and though i am an engineer, I only earn 350 dollars a month. I have noticed that locked treo's are much cheaper and these locked treo's can be unlocked using a variety of ways.

As my sister lives in usa; so i was wondering if somebody can tell me what is the cheapest way she can buy a locked a treo and send it to me. I will unlock it myself later.

I will appreciate anyhelp you folks can give me.

thanking you in advance.
    Last edited by hussain; 11/21/2005 at 09:07 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Somebody Please Please reply
    Buy it from a reputable seller on ebay. Unlocking is easy once you get it
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #4  
    even ebay cost around 475 dollars for new ones
    Wait until the next Treo is released to market. You probably would get a better choices.
  6.    #6  
    is there any information about the next release....can somebody tell me what are the problems which treo have....should i even buy it with no warranty(as i live abroad)...or are all treo problems solveable
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain
    is there any information about the next release....can somebody tell me what are the problems which treo have....should i even buy it with no warranty(as i live abroad)...or are all treo problems solveable
    I think most of the 'bugs' are worked out of the 650 and most users would say it's pretty stable.

The windows version of the treo seems to be coming in the spring and the next palm version appears to be coming by next fall (its really just a guess).

Will the new versions have problems...sure. It takes an update or two to get things worked out.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

8.    #8  
    Hurrah i bought a brand new treo unlocked for 400 dollars including shipping from ebay....I have two questions to ask......
    1. How come people from ebay are able to sell this phone so cheap.
    2. My phone is an unlocked cingular version and i would be using it with my local mobile server provider ( i live in pakistan) so what OS update should i install for the software. I mean whether i should install cingular upgrade or unlocked version upgrade.
    I guess the word "cheap" is all relative. I was hoping to get a Treo 650 for under $350, but seeing it takes Cingular customers to sign up for a 2 year agreement, that makes it expensive.

I am on TMobile, and the rumor has it that TMobile will no longer carry Palm based phones. TMobile only has the Sidekick and the Blackberry stuff.

I may have to switch carriers.........

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'd get it.....Ebay
    (sing to the tune "My Way").
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    The device is usually subsidized by the carrier, but there are many who have units that may be trying to dump them as the next treo is approaching. i got my treo 180 on ebay from a canadian provider dumping his inventory. I got my 600 from palm as a loyalty upgrade. It happens to be a cingular that is running Tmobile. All my upgraded to sofware have been done using the cingular updates...no problem encountered.