They now have a 20mb for 25 dollar plan. And they also have the new core choice plans that makes unlimited data more like 40 dollars a month (39.95 for 450 min, 40.05 for unlimited data). Just letting you know so that your letter is accurate.
    A more worthwhile petition would be for Verizon to get it's billing functions under control - they routinely mis-bill their data services for new owners. Their data costs might be more than others, but you have ample choices in the marketplace to save some money. You petition sounds like, "Dear Maserati, Your cars cost too much. Lower the price so I can afford one." I especially like:
    Many Verizon customers do not have the option of switching providers due to contractual relationships with Verizon, dedicated Verizon equipment, relationships with organizations or businesses, etc. and are thus forced to pay these excessive costs.
    ... as if signing a contract had no meaning in today's business world. Live and learn I suppose. You could always go the "European style" wireless provider route: Pay retail for the phone and pay for every minute you're connected to the network. That way you can switch providers any time you want to. Personally, I like the US approach of subsidizing phone costs with locked in service contracts - it underwrites my new-phone-every-10-months program very well.
    Last edited by Kupe; 11/11/2005 at 07:12 AM.
    This petition sounds whiney and unprofessional. I would not have high hopes of it being taken seriously.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I think the marketplace will and should decide this... not some, as pheath put it and I agree, whiney petition. If people are unhappy with the prices VZW puts out and decides to sell their services for, they should switch carriers and not write up "You're charging me too much" letters.

Contractual? Should have thought of that before you signed.

Relationships with organizations or businesses using VZW? Cost of doing business for ya. Suggest a cheaper alternative to your affiliate. Everyone's looking to cut cost and replace a reliable service for another. Everyone! If they're not, then they won't be in business for very long with that type of mentality. Unless the service is superior and they're happy with it, they will pay the prices. If they are bringing you the money and it's a substancial monetary benefit to be affiliated to them, then pay the extra cost.

If ppl are buying that means there is a demand. If there is a demand, they can charge whatever they like. If ppl aren't buying then they will decide to drop their prices to be competative. Plain and simple. Take a quick glance at my avatar you whiners.
    Quote Originally Posted by arabian
    I think the marketplace will and should decide this... not some, as pheath put it and I agree, whiney petition. If people are unhappy with the prices VZW puts out and decides to sell their services for, they should switch carriers and not write up "You're charging me too much" letters.

Contractual? Should have thought of that before you signed.

Relationships with organizations or businesses using VZW? Cost of doing business for ya. Suggest a cheaper alternative to your affiliate. Everyone's looking to cut cost and replace a reliable service for another. Everyone! If they're not, then they won't be in business for very long with that type of mentality. Unless the service is superior and they're happy with it, they will pay the prices. If they are bringing you the money and it's a substancial monetary benefit to be affiliated to them, then pay the extra cost.

If ppl are buying that means there is a demand. If there is a demand, they can charge whatever they like. If ppl aren't buying then they will decide to drop their prices to be competative. Plain and simple. Take a quick glance at my avatar you whiners.

Well said!

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case