1.    #1  
    I walked into my local SPRINT store three days ago. I have a T 650 and 5 other lines.

I went in to simply buy an accessory. When I walked in there were two reps on the floor both with cusomers and just me waiting. One rep turned to me and said "I will be right with you". OK this is good right?

Well while I was waiting about 15 more customers walked in. All of a sudden 4 more reps came from the back room. One went to the counter and yelled everyone line up and we will take first come first serve.

I was in a poor position to scramble with the heard to get to the front of the line. 45 minutes later I was asked what I wanted. I explained to the same rep who said they would help me next, that I came in to buy an accessory. Simce I did not have a contract, and he knew what happened to me, I told him I was going to cancel all my numbers. I was very angery but professional.

He not only said he "did not care" if I did that, he put me on the line with the cancelation department. They did not care either. So now I am wireless free, it sort of feels nice for the moment but I do have to travel soon. And the family is anxious to get their phones back.

Is there any provider that cares for a high volume, good credit account, that pays on time? I ami n a major city I have lots of choices now.

My recomendation to all of you.... DO NOT USE SPRINT!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickC5
    I walked into my local SPRINT store three days ago. I have a T 650 and 5 other lines.

I went in to simply buy an accessory. When I walked in there were two reps on the floor both with cusomers and just me waiting. One rep turned to me and said "I will be right with you". OK this is good right?

Well while I was waiting about 15 more customers walked in. All of a sudden 4 more reps came from the back room. One went to the counter and yelled everyone line up and we will take first come first serve.

I was in a poor position to scramble with the heard to get to the front of the line. 45 minutes later I was asked what I wanted. I explained to the same rep who said they would help me next, that I came in to buy an accessory. Simce I did not have a contract, and he knew what happened to me, I told him I was going to cancel all my numbers. I was very angery but professional.

He not only said he "did not care" if I did that, he put me on the line with the cancelation department. They did not care either. So now I am wireless free, it sort of feels nice for the moment but I do have to travel soon. And the family is anxious to get their phones back.

Is there any provider that cares for a high volume, good credit account, that pays on time? I ami n a major city I have lots of choices now.

...you have made a mistake. You are wrong. No provider will EVER care. Go back! Go back and grovel like your life depends on it! You are a cogg, and you need to know your place.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Guess what? I don't care, either.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Wow! That's quite a sad story. There are opinions galore about providers in this forum. I doubt you will find anything conclusive, though.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    You cancelled 5 Sprint lines because you had to wait a little bit to buy an accessory? I somehow doubt you are telling the whole story here....
    -Cal
    The sad state of affairs in customer service, not withstanding. I also doubt I would ever take my business elsewhere for a 45 minute wait. I've had pretty decent treatment in Sprint stores, nothing stellar but also nothing to complain about. I believe every carrier has issues, indeed almost every business, with the exception being known customer service powerhouses like Nordstroms etc.

I have never worked retail but sometimes I see these folks and think, wow that is a tough job for very little pay.
    You should have spoken with the manager. Part of a Sprint manager's bonus package is based on customer satisfaction....

Sales reps receive the majority of their commision on the number of phones they activate (they do get a little for accessory sales). I've also noticed they have almost no Treo accessories at the Sprint stores......shop online....and leave next time before you wait so long.

You would have been waiting even longer if you had called *2
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    You cancelled 5 Sprint lines because you had to wait a little bit to buy an accessory? I somehow doubt you are telling the whole story here....
    Something really does sound like it's missing... I would not drop my two lines just because of a 45 minute wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Guess what? I don't care, either.
    ...That is so unlike you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Something really does sound like it's missing... I would not drop my two lines just because of a 45 minute wait...
    His complaint isnt about the wait time, its about the missmangement of their so called "first come, first serve". The real problem lies with the general public for not stepping up and saying "He was here before me". I think there might already be a thread on how "self important" our nation has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    His complaint isnt about the wait time, its about the missmangement of their so called "first come, first serve". The real problem lies with the general public for not stepping up and saying "He was here before me". I think there might already be a thread on how "self important" our nation has become.
    Our nation? I'm sorry. I thought this was my nation. Please excuse me while I step ahead of you.

It is seriously sad. Everyone is in a rush (could cell phones be contributing to our sense of self importance?) and needs to be first.

But even at Sprint stores where you sign in and wait to be served next, it still takes forever. Last time I was in a Sprint store (to buy the Treo), it took nearly 15 minutes before anyone helped (then they offered to sell me their boss's "slightly used" Treo). And I was the first person on the list. Not a bash against Sprint (I'm very happy with them). It's just the way things are going.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    I was in a poor position to scramble with the heard to get to the front of the line. 45 minutes later I was asked what I wanted.

I love Sprint because they always put me in the front of the line!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  13.    #13  

Many thanks for the tempered responses. There is in fact a much longer story. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am on my 7th Treo amongst many other common Treo problems. I always get sent to the same store. And those of you are right, you do not cancel an account over a wait. You do however stop doing business when customer service is consistently bad. Whether My experience is with poor tech support, inept billing people, ignorant telephone CSR's , or simply rude sales clerks something is wrong. All I can think I can do is vote with my wallet. I am sure I could write a book about my experience poor with Sprint, but it is not really worth that much time. I really do get good service most everywhere else, maybe I expect too much from a phone company. It's just funny when the cable company does such a good job, and no one expects them to do a thing <g> .I have always felt poorly treated with each customer experience I have had over 6 years as a Sprint customer, I have always been polite and with a lot of patience gotten what I needed so I do not think itís how I treat them. Anyway, I thank all of you who have reminded me that this is the world we live in, and if you want to live a long time.... then roll up a fatty, light it up, relax, and shop online!

Sometimes as a customer I do feel that way. I have actually 13 lines with Sprint and there are times that I have gotten mad but generally I get my way even when I am being unreasonable but just want to get my way. The times that it's not my fault they tend to correct the problem without me having to fight with them. Those times that I am mad at Sprint and sometimes I do feel like cancelling all my lines and moving them elsewhere I think: "I'm actually going to pay 3 times as much with another carrier just to feel good that I'm sticking it to Sprint?"RIGHT

I have no problems with coverage or data which I feel is most important. Secondary is someone rolling the red carpet out and kissing my a$$. Besides as someone has said, no matter what JD Power says, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Working for retail I know the feeling. There are times when there are unreasonable customers and I feel like saying: "I don't get paid enough to care about how you'll never set foot in this store after coming here for 30 years. There's 9 exits in the building, pick one."
    take a deep breath, and go and sign a two year contract with the provider of your choice.
    Boo hoo... somebody had to wait a while... to cancel 5 lines for that... come on... the world is not ending because of a 40 minute wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    Working for retail I know the feeling. There are times when there are unreasonable customers and I feel like saying: "I don't get paid enough to care about how you'll never set foot in this store after coming here for 30 years. There's 9 exits in the building, pick one."
    Amen brother.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    verizon has more coverage. i wish i could leave sprint. i hate it
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by wackochrisoidun
    verizon has more coverage. i wish i could leave sprint. i hate it
    Is Sprint holding a gun to your head to stay with them?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Probably the standard early termination fee gun.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case