1.    #1  
    Well my T600 stopped working the other say (several buttons stopped functioning). Took it into my local Sprint store, walked out with a referb. 600 (can't complain mine was a referb anyway) no charge or questions. I've had a 600 for 11 mo. so it was out of warrenty. I have insurance so I didn't expect any issues.
    I writting b/c I read horror story after horror story about Sprint but in 9 years I've never once had an issue with them.
    Let the flames start burning.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Congrats. It's a good thing to hear from both sides of the isle.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

between my 600 and 650 i had about 8 replacements and never had any trouble at any sprint store

Fred
    i love sprint too.
    The Phone: Samsung MM-A940 | Sprint PCS
    The Car: '92 Civic HB Boosted | 340whp
    The Beater: '92 Prelude Si | Just for winter!
    The Bike: '96 CBR600 F3
  5. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I've gotta say, I have had Cellular one (remember them?), T-mobile, and Sprint. I support 9 treo 650s on Cingular. My 650 is on Sprint. While Sprint has not been perfect, I have been happier with their cell service and their customer service than with any of the others.

leardvr, my brother is autistic. I'm with you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I have had Cellular one (remember them)
    LOL... That's who I started out with way back in the day!

As for SPCS, my overall experience has been very good as well. Seems like they have gotten better. I used to be on hold forever when I called, but now I get a cust. ser. rep. quickly.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    leardvr, my brother is autistic. I'm with you on that.
    Thanks Joe,

My son is 5 and moderate to severe. He is non-verbial. I'm a firm believer that his autism was vacine related. When he was 17mo. he was talking and had great social skills. With in 12 hours of his MMR he was doubled over in pain, not sleeping, stopped talking, wouldn't look at us, or even respond to us. He was diagnosed at 23mo. At that time he was the youngest person diagnosed at Childrens' in Columbus.

We've come along way since then. Today he'll use the bathroom on his own (thank you GOD) about 90% of the time. He listens to everything we ask him to do, I have less "listening" problems with him then I do my 3 nero-typical children. He has the typical fear of new places, but only if they are crowed; as long has he a way out he's ok, but if he feels trapped out he will freak. I've had my fair share of "your child's a brat, you should spank him" looks. Never mind I have 3 other kids with me that perfect. I've told more then one perone on a bad day (for me) to go F##K themselves. I even sat down right next to them at the park until they were so peeved off they left HA HA I win. He is also extermly affectionate, which is rare in autism.

Recently we have started in a medical study at OSU (OHIO) for the use of "Risperidone in Children with Autism and Serious Behavioral Problems" a report of which has been made in the New England Journal of Medicine Vol 347:314-321 Aug. 1, 2002. I believe that this drug has allowed Samuel think more clearly, you can see it in his eyes, it seems that everything in his little head has stopped spinning and that he can actually think straight. His OCD behaviors have stopped, he sleeps at night (8 hours instead of 2), and his reseptive skills have improved 10 fold.

He has had such a profound inpact in our lives that my wife and I are in the process of foster care, we've requested nothing but special needs kids.

Anyway God bless you and your family Joe. Thanks
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  8. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    leardvr,

Not to hijack this thread, but I appreciate what you are doing, esp. requsting special needs kids for foster care. It was tough growing up with my "little" brother. (he is now 31 and is 6'7") I can only imagine the hurdles you are facing as parents. That is really encouraging about the OSU medicine helping like that. I have a friend whose nephew he is helping to raise will probably be diagnosed with autism. I will pass this on to him.
    Agree that Sprint has been good in a number of ways but they cannot help me with one. Can somebody tell me how to create speed dialings on my T650, I need it when I am driving. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gelavin
    Agree that Sprint has been good in a number of ways but they cannot help me with one. Can somebody tell me how to create speed dialings on my T650, I need it when I am driving. Thanks.
    Tips & Tricks

Dial-in without delays

Save time when dialing into recurring conference calls—create a special Speed Dial, complete with access codes! You can even program in the prompts. Here's how:
    Press The Green Phone button to go to the Phone application
    Press the Menu key
    Select Edit Favorites Pages
    Select an empty button using the five-way navigator, then press the Center key
    Type pull-down: Leave as Speed Dial
    Label: type in Con Call (or other memorable Speed Dial name)
    Number: enter your conference call dial-in number
    Quick Key: choose a memorable letter, like C
    Press the More button
    In the Extra Digits space, type the Conference Call codes you usually dial, adding two commas before numbers that you usually enter in response to a prompt (a comma equals a 10 second pause), for example if phone system says the following:
    Welcome to Con Call, please press 1
    Please type your account code (65256) followed by the pound key
    Press 1 to join your conference call
    You would enter: ,,1,,65256#,,1
    Once your extra digits are entered, click OK.
    The next time you need to dial in, all you'll need to do is press the letter C and your Treo smartphone will take care of the rest.
    sxtg,

I call some relatives overseas using an AT&T calling card. I followed your tips to make a speed dial to their 800#, enter my account, passcode and the phone #. Using the commas for pauses worked great! Thanks much.
    Quote Originally Posted by freediver
    sxtg,

I call some relatives overseas using an AT&T calling card. I followed your tips to make a speed dial to their 800#, enter my account, passcode and the phone #. Using the commas for pauses worked great! Thanks much.
    I love sprint, very happy. vision works that's all I need. its good that sprint has free incoming calls
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i've been a happy, loyal, sprint user since the treo 300 came out. i had no problems with it. a friend is using it now & it still works fine. i've only had one issue with my treo 600 - the dreaded network search tone of death. i took it to a sprint store & they replaced it on the spot.
    I've had them for almost 5 years. A few equipment and billing bugs but all have taken care of to my satisfaction. Voice and data has been excellent for me.
    Hey, since you guys all love Sprint.

I had a Sprint PCS phone for who knows how long but it was more than quite a while, and then I got a hold of an old 600. I put my number on it, but now my rebate status has been wignagged and so now my rebate is goonnneee. I'm a little frusterated.

SUGGESTIONS?
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    i had 7 in store replacements on my 600 and 2 on my 650 for a total of 9 in 2 years no questions asked..most of the replacements i would bring it in say theres something wrong , but not really sometimes i would drop the phone and scratch it so i wanted it replaced , seems like the tech at the stores dont know much about the treos so rather than pretending they know what their doing they just rather replace it and send the old one to whoever they send it to
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    most of the replacements i would bring it in say theres something wrong , but not really sometimes i would drop the phone and scratch it so i wanted it replaced
    Thanks to people like you they had to raise the charge through LockLine.. thanks man!!!