Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have been a Sprint customer for 6 years, 2000 minute plan. I currently have a T600 Which I have had for 2.5 years. Last year it died and was replaced by Sprint. I have talked with three reps and a sup. and they will only give me $75 toward a their new PPC 6700 phone instead of the 150 I deserve. It will be a cold day in he** before I let them abuse me this way. They stated they use the replacement date not the orginal date I recieved the phone. If I canel and then restart with Sprint I loose my phone number.
    How is it good business for them to drive me to Verizon? I can cancel my plan without a penelty and transfer my number to Verizon. When I told them this they stated there was nothing they could do and in my position going to Verizon was best for me. I don't have a problem with changing services but keeping in mind the money marketing spends to add just one new customer I am having a problem understanding why they are so eager to loose them? Anyone have any ideas?
    Sprint's customer service blows. You'll enjoy VZW. Welcome aboard.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I'm surprised that they've treated you like this. Sprint usually treats loyal, long time customers well. Sorry to hear that. Welcome to verizon
    Sprint is #1 in only one category in this industry: They have the highest churn rate in the wireless phone business. You only become #1 in a category after years of training and experience and Sprint spares no expense in choosing untrained and discouraged employees to serve as their conduit to the customer. Welcome to Verizon - you'll find the costs are worth it.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Did you go to a store or just speak on the phone? I've found most of the in store reps to offer significantly more latitude in cases like this. They may only give you $75 officially for the T600, but may slip you $75 more on your next bill.

Also, Verizon doesn't have the 6700, only the far inferior 6600 and the so-so (and more expensive) i730. Additionally, Sprint's plans (especially data plans for PDAs) are significantly enough better that, if you can get past the insult of having them shaft you, you'll no doubt make up the $75 in two or three months. I know Verizon's customer service is supposed to be superior, but I just can't justify the extra $$$'s for a few minutes a year of bad service.

Anyway, I know you're peeved, but think through it with a clear head before you jump ship...
    Although I hate paying a lot for verizion plans, I have to say their customer service is great. I had a treo 600 for over a year, and it stopped hot syncing. I called and they sent me over to palm free of charge. The phone was deemed defective. They sent me a refurb unit, that arrived within 2 business days via fedex, for free. About a week ago, the refurb unit developed a screen problem where it turned blue/orange. They sent me out a second replacment. This phone out of the box only worked with speaker not with headset or when held to the ear. I called and they are now going to send me a 650!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes 600 to 650... free. Not sure if it is a refurb 650, but still... I think that is pretty great. Verizon may have issues with some customer service, but they have won me over for a long time with how they handled my problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblink1975
    Verizon may have issues with some customer service, but they have won me over for a long time with how they handled my problems.
    If it works for you then I think that's great. I hardly ever have to call Sprint's CS so for me the price difference on the plans keeps me with Sprint. To each his own.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If it works for you then I think that's great. I hardly ever have to call Sprint's CS so for me the price difference on the plans keeps me with Sprint. To each his own.
    All I have to say is Sprint's $10 a month for unlimited data(texting, sending pics, browsing...everything) is priceless!!! I believe to accomplish this with verizon you'll have to shell out close to $45.

Mine is $10 because I have had this plan since forever. It's $15 now.
    And I just recently got upgraded from a 600 to a 650. Called and told them my 600 was broke again(3rd time) and that the 600 replacements they kept sending werent good enough. I said I had been a customer for a while now and believe they should be able to replace my 600 with a 650. After exchanging a few information, I got the 650 THE NEXT DAY! I think it depends on who is helping you and how polite you are to them. They really are just people like you and I
    Last edited by hova; 11/07/2005 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    It's $15 now.
    I'm still happy to pay only that
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Nope, still $10. You just have to ask for it. They will quote you $15 but just say you thought it was $10. They'll give it to you for $10. That's what happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Mine is $10 because I have had this plan since forever. It's $15 now.