Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I recently switched from a Cingular Treo 650 back to a Verizon Treo 650. I seem to remember that on my Cingular Treo if I was on a call and another call came in the Conf Call button lit up and I could conference in all 3 of us. However, I don't get this option on my Verizon Treo. I have to put the 1st person on hold and then click Conf Call and call the other caller. I don't get the Conf Call button at all when I have a 2nd call ring in. Is this correct? Is this just Verizon and not Cingular? Is there any way to conference in a 2nd call who calls in?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMVMommy
    I recently switched from a Cingular Treo 650 back to a Verizon Treo 650. I seem to remember that on my Cingular Treo if I was on a call and another call came in the Conf Call button lit up and I could conference in all 3 of us. However, I don't get this option on my Verizon Treo. I have to put the 1st person on hold and then click Conf Call and call the other caller. I don't get the Conf Call button at all when I have a 2nd call ring in. Is this correct? Is this just Verizon and not Cingular? Is there any way to conference in a 2nd call who calls in?
    Thanks!
    Sadly, I found out that this is true with the CDMA network. It pissed me off enough that I just left Verizon and went to Cingular. T-Mobile and Cingular are my only GSM choices. I heard that the new generation CDMA will not have this limitation. Anyone know if this is true?
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    New generation of CDMA? Is this a whole new phone or just updates? Is it a limit of the 650 or just Verizon's CDMA network?
    Conferencing was part of GSM standard. CDMA networks followed the traditional landline model of call waiting.
    -Flash123