1.    #1  
    I'm leaving for mexico in a few hours and it never occurred to me that they might use CDMA there, but it appears they do.
    I was unable to reach anyone at Sprint who could help.
    Does anyone know for sure if the Treo will work there, and how Sprint bills for use there?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by danix
    I'm leaving for mexico in a few hours and it never occurred to me that they might use CDMA there, but it appears they do.
    I was unable to reach anyone at Sprint who could help.
    Does anyone know for sure if the Treo will work there, and how Sprint bills for use there?

Thanks!
    Sprint offers three International Roaming solutions:

* International Roaming with a Sprint PCS International Phone:
    Providing the most extensive worldwide coverage of all Sprint offerings, the Sprint PCS International Phone is best suited for frequent global travelers. This GSM/CDMA international roaming solution provides coverage in more than 130 countries worldwide, including the U.S., with one single phone. Available for purchase only.
    * International Roaming with a GSM Phone:
    Best suited for the occasional global traveler, the GSM phone allows you to lease or purchase a separate international GSM phone to roam throughout most of Europe and parts of Asia, South America, Africa, Australia and the Middle East. (Japan: WCDMA phone and SIM card required)
    * International Roaming with a Sprint PCS Phone:
    Simply use your existing Sprint PCS Phone to make and receive calls in parts of the Asia Pacific, Canada, Mexico, several islands of the Caribbean, as well as Central and South America. Coverage with Sprint PCS Phone varies depending on phone type.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...ationalRoaming
    There should be fairly good coverage in Mexico since Iusacell offers CDMA. Last time I checked if you have international calling on your plan it is 50 cents per minute which includes long distance and if not it is like 1 dollar per minute. I believe you do have to activate it though through customer service.