Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    Are you using a Treo 650 or the tungsten?
    Sprint Treo 650.
    *updates profile accordingly*
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    They say they that it is a "known issue" and are working on it. Level 2 CS rep had no idea when they would have it fixed but that she thought it "would be fixed pretty quick".

If you're having these problems, call 'em. The more folks call, the faster they make it a priority and get it fixed.
    I noticed this starting around Oct 21st as well. I did a hard reset and thought that had cleared it up, but it started showing up again (maybe it never really went away) and subsequent hard resets definately have not fixed it.

Is this just a Sprint issue?

By the way it is not just animated gif's that are affected. I'm getting poor quality JPEGs as well. Some come in perfectly clear, others are slightly pixelated, and others are severely pixelated. If a particular image comes in poorly, it seems like it always comes in the same (even after a hard reset).

Here's a sample website that comes up with poor images for me:
    www.nasa.gov/missions/research/x43-main.html

In WidePage mode, near the top center the X-43A NASA Goes Hypersonic JPEG is slightly pixelated and the text JPEG directly below it ("NASA's X-43A is a hypersonic, scramjet powered ....") is severely pixelated to the point that it's very difficult to read. I'm curious if this is a problem for all Sprint users? All Treo 650 users?
    Last edited by TimR; 10/31/2005 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    Gfunk... which files are those? I'm still learning the Blazer ropes...
    *da-dump-Bump*
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I know that Sprint re-processes all the graphics that come down through the internet to your cell phone through port 80 - since several of you are experiencing this, perhaps the problem is on their end. This might explain the problem with animgifs in your phone.

If you can find a proxy server (google the term proxy server) you can configure blazer to use a proxy server under options..preferences..advanced..Set Proxy. By using one of the many free public proxy servers you can bypass Sprint's interference on gifs and jpgs. It also makes it more difficult for them to track your usage as well.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I tried changing the proxy and it did change the animated GIFs but it was excrutiatingly slow. I guess I need to find a faster proxy server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    *da-dump-Bump*

Hey Captain...sorry for the tardy reply but as others have previously stated, this more than likely sounds like a Sprint server problem than a blazer issue. Here is another thread by users experiencing the same issues...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=98492

Anyhow, you can still try to clean you blazer dbs files if you want. Just goto Filez and filter using "blazer" and you'll find all the assoc db's. You can delete the Blazer Cache History and Blazer Cookie etc to see if that helps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <ok, just merged threads to make things easier! >

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    *clears out all Blazer db's via Blazer, and then FileZ*
    Stupid Sprint. Wait... I'm paying $10 a month for data. Nevermind.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Bump... I also have this problem. Noticed it the night before last. I'm pretty sure it wasn't happening before (I view weather related gif and jpeg files every day). I'm also on Sprint. I've called, but haven't gotten past hold status... Any word on this issue? FWIW, I also think it's carrier related.
    BUMP...
    Same problem with my Sprint Treo 600. I did notice when your on Blazer and click 'About' on the menu - it shows version 3.0. I thought it was 1.0 - was there an upgrade without us knowing it?
    I need my old browser back!!!
    I do have a new/refurb 600 - my old one crapped out last month.
    Last edited by treosforfun; 10/30/2005 at 07:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I've found a faster Proxy Server and use that when I want animated GIFs and clear images and go back to no Proxy when I want to access the sprint vision pages.
    gonna spill the beans?? What's the proxy??
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Just do a search there are thousands out there.
    Animated GIFs finally working as of today. New Orleans area. Still cannot access sites that require javascript.
    Sprint seems to have fixed the problem with incorrect display of large images in Blazer. Images larger than 320 pixels on a side now display in their full, scrollable size in "Wide Page" mode again.
  17.    #37  
    All images appear to be normal again in Canton OH area with 650.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Still having the problem with highly compressed jpegs here.
    Could folks that have things fixed please try this site and see if the radar imagery looks garbled when you zoom in it?

http://mobile.wunderground.com/cgi-b...st?query=43081

Thanks for your help
    Sprint's support line blames it on my Treo. They have no responce when I say other Treo users with Sprint PCS have the same problem.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast