1.    #1  
    If Sprint is your carrier you're in luck.
    "The Text to Landline trial period has been extended through January 31, 2006. During this trial period, Sprint PCS subscribers can send a text message to a landline phone at standard domestic text messaging rates!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    for some reason mine doesnt work
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Happy to report this works for me with a Vonage VOIP line. ALthough when I reply to the message and I get the notification back on my treo it says "push TALK" to hear the reply, there is no talk button on my screen anywhere. Minor inconvenience really but it would be cool if the whole thing worked.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    If Sprint is your carrier you're in luck.
    "The Text to Landline trial period has been extended through January 31, 2006. During this trial period, Sprint PCS subscribers can send a text message to a landline phone at standard domestic text messaging rates!

Does anyone have any clue how much Sprint plans to everntually charge for this service?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Woof,

It does work. Click on the phone number at the top of the message. I use it all the time.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I must have tried this a dozen times now. It never works. Is it up in all markets? Boston?
    Definetly up in Boston, I used it here.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Got it. I needed to put 1+Area Code+number. No 1 no message. This is cool. I am really bugging my teens who can't get the phone fast enough, only to get another anther useless message. :-)
    It works really great together with SharkMsg. Try them together... it works awesome.

Al
    i cant get mine to work, with 1+ area code+phone, or without 1+.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)