• Good

15 45.45%
  • Just Ok

5 15.15%
  • Crap!

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted this in the hardware forums, but then I noticed this forum. I have Cingular right now with a Treo 650 but I get dropped calls, static, and my voice sounds like a 'tin can' according to people I call with it.

Now that I'm 'testing' out Verizon for 15 days, I'm thinking of getting selling my old Treo and getting a Verizon branded one.

How is the call quality on the Verizon Treo 650? Good? Bad?

Does it make your voice sound like you're talking through a 'tin can'?

thanks in advance!
    This has been discussed to death. Please do a search.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Quote Originally Posted by pheath
    another fine example of helpfulness.
    Perhaps a stoll through the forum guidelines would assist you in finding the "helpful" response that you seek.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Perhaps a stoll through the forum guidelines would assist you in finding the "helpful" response that you seek.

would those be the guidelines that encourage use of an archaic search system? I'd rather ask and receive the usual rants from the likes of you as well as helpful responses from others

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Coming from a Moto V710, I noticed the signal strength was a bit worse on the Treo 650. People have also commented occasionally that my voice didn't sound too clear. But I still love the treo
    some keep sayin what what when I call them but I am sometimes whispering at work when they call.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, I am well aware of the search function, and I did find some good info. Things are always changing with carriers and I just wanted up to date info. You don't need to get your panties in a bunch over it...

To the others with helpful info, thank you...
    i have verizon and i enjoy the phone very much, it does all the things i need it to
    You're in the same boat I was in a month ago. I was with Cingular, using a Treo 650. It was horrible. People complained all the time about my voice quality. Half the time I couldn't even use my phone due to poor signal. The list of problems went on and on. And since my whole job is being on the phone, I was pulling my hair out.

Switched to Verizon and a Verizon branded 650 and couldn't be happier. There's a couple of things I don't like. Biggest gripe is that Verizon seems to cripple their Bluetooth functionality. There's some things, like bluetoothing a pic you've just snapped, that require a couple of extra steps compared to the Cingular Treo. But for the main reason you have the 650, which is to make phone calls and use wireless services, there's no comparison between the two (at least for me)... Verizon rocks!!!
    Matt Milano
    President
    Praevius, Inc.
  12.    #12  
    thanks guys, I feel a lot more confident about spending the cash to get one for verizon now!

Quote Originally Posted by axiomjunglist
    Yes, I am well aware of the search function, and I did find some good info. Things are always changing with carriers and I just wanted up to date info. You don't need to get your panties in a bunch over it...

To the others with helpful info, thank you...
    Dude, failing to search is not being a good citizen.

Guidelines

If you want to be a part of a community, then you need to be willing to abide by the guidelines. Use of this forum costs you nothing, and we aren't being paid for our answers. If you don't find these guidelines appealing, perhaps you need to start your own discussion board.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  14.    #14  
    Spare me, Ned Flanders...please promptly get over yourself and come back when you're ready to participate accordingly!
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomjunglist
    Spare me, Ned Flanders...please promptly get over yourself and come back when you're ready to participate accordingly!
    Typical. If you don't like being told that you are wrong, turn it around.

Detective Briscoe or even Barney Fife I would give you. Flanders?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  16.    #16  
    Typical. If you don't like being told that you are wrong, turn it around.
    zzzz.....

*crickets*

Detective Briscoe or even Barney Fife I would give you. Flanders?

I like your sense of humor.....Barney it is!

Looks like I'm buying a Verizon Treo tomorrow, I can't wait...
  17.    #17  
    I just got my new phone yesterday. Screen is not as bright as Cingular model, but the Verizon display seems crisper and warmer. (Change in display gamma?)

Calls are MUCH improved. Clear and no drops so far. I would recommend this phone to anyone coming into Verizon. Upgraded to 1.04 ROM last night, no troubles!

Here's a little pic of my two lil fren's...one of whom is shipping away tomorrow...can you guess which one?

http://www.incognitopdx.com/axiom/other/treos.jpg

Thanks all for your advice....
    gotta love *228 on VZW. Do it every month.
    awesome results here!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I was concerned cause I was in the same boat, I had a Cingular 650 from the day it was released till about the beging of September and I replaced it 5 times. I was also worried about sound quality, its good to hear that the quality is better. Things like the bluetooth being a bit more limited don't bother me I only ever use the BT for a headset, as long as I can run stuff like Ringo and Butler, and Palm Reader, Tradewinds and Warefare Inc I will be sound as a pound, I am sure Chatter works as well. I am tired of carrying my e815 and Cingular HP6515, I work for VZW now and I want to cancel Cingular, I worked for them and was never happy with their service from a customer standpoint! Verizon is the best IMO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast