Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Just my RANT. I completed my two-year contract and called Sprint to renew and add lines/phones. The Sprint sales rep said she was unable to ROLL my existing Sprint number and sold me four phones and I later found out she whacked-on Vision on all four ($15 a pop). I was told after the new phones arrive, activate my existing Treo 650 in place of one of the new phones. Credit check performed, credit card info taken and four new phone numbers given to me. Well, I called the next day to check on the order and was told that it was cancelled.

After three hours of waiting, hung-up on during "transfers" I was told to visit the local Sprint store to have the order filled. I advised the rep if I have to visit a store the sign will be Verizon, Cingular or T-Mobile and asked for the manager. This person identified herself as the only floor manager on duty and said to have a Sprint store fill the order.

In disbelief, I called the local corporate Sprint store and explained my situation. The store said they are not beholden to the telephone sales department and are unable to honor my order.

LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE "ONLY FLOOR MANAGER ON DUTY".
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yeah, it was a bonafide lie.

The "Only Floor Manager on Duty" was NOT guity of lying about her employment status. She was guilty of lying to her customer by telling him to pick-up the equipment at any Sprint store. It was the local Sprint corporate store that said she was absolutely wrong and was trying to pass-the-buck.

Another credit check was run because the sales rep wanted to sell me four phones/lines as a new customer (can you believe she actually said it was not possible to roll my existing number to a new phone - used car lot tactics). Probably a sales quota thing. I didn't mind if it helped the young lady meet her quota plus I had no loayalty to the existing phone number, just the equipment which I would have activated to one of the new numbers.

Still, they operate like a bunch of CROOKS AND LIARS.
    I am surprised you stayed on the line with them for that long...as soon as someone said, "new number", I would have hung up.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Sure looks like they "sucked" you in
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Yup - I would have hung up on that one and called back to get a different one. There is, somewhere on this forum, a list of Sprint numbers, including the 'retention' hotline. That's where I would call next...
    Squeeking wheel gets the grease !
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The real PISSER was the manager who actually instructed me to visit the local Sprint store where everything would be resolved and the equipment delivered. Oh yes, I knew that was a bald faced lie so I engaged her into conversation (debate? argument?) as to how in the world the local Sprint store would even know what has transpired. "Just go to the store and show your ID" was her answer. Well, the local corporate Sprint store blasted the manager's instructions and apoligized for her lack of care/service.

So what's worse,

1. Sprint hanging up on you during their "transfer to the right department" or
    2. Sprint's outright lie which defies common sense
    It's always nice to get some positive feedback on my decision to leave that "Bucket of Clowns" 3 years ago.
    I despise those people at Sprint--all the way from floor salespeople to corporate. They have lied to me and they have demonstrated to me that they don't really want four of my several cellphone lines.
    It was nice to say buh bye to them this week.

Oh.... and by the way, I'm new here so I don't know whether this has been answered yet. I found out this week from doing this myself that you can port any phone number to any carrier that you want. Just don't quit your current service before you do it. The carrier you're leaving evidently doesn't have to release your number if you quit them. They only have to do it when the number is requisitioned by your new carrier. And it only takes minutes. It was so cool to have a phone number I've owned for years start operating through a competing carrier this week!
    All it took was the patience and control to not go off on the previous carrier and tell them where to shove it before it was time. It was excruciatingly difficult to hold my tongue, but I ended up with all of my numbers. Heh.
    So...am I to understand from this thread that my new CDMA Verizon will work in Chile, Argentina, the UK? I always thought only an unlocked GSM would do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpdnc
    I despise those people at Sprint--all the way from floor salespeople to corporate. They have lied to me and they have demonstrated to me that they don't really want four of my several cellphone lines.
    It was nice to say buh bye to them this week.

Oh.... and by the way, I'm new here so I don't know whether this has been answered yet. I found out this week from doing this myself that you can port any phone number to any carrier that you want. Just don't quit your current service before you do it. The carrier you're leaving evidently doesn't have to release your number if you quit them. They only have to do it when the number is requisitioned by your new carrier. And it only takes minutes. It was so cool to have a phone number I've owned for years start operating through a competing carrier this week!
    All it took was the patience and control to not go off on the previous carrier and tell them where to shove it before it was time. It was excruciatingly difficult to hold my tongue, but I ended up with all of my numbers. Heh.
    I'm so happy for you that you've been able to find Nirvana.
    I think it is interesting that any carrier "X" (insert Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, T-Mo - depending on which forum you're reading) is always ostracized based on the actions of a few bad CSRs or managers. The truth is, the thousands (or millions) of subscribers, such as myself, who have never had issues with customer care or sales with carrier "X" (in my case, Sprint, who has been leaps and bounds better to me than Cingular ever was) never make a fuss about how great their service is. Just the folks who have a bad experience raise a ruckus and try to paint the entire carrier as some corporate misfit.

I can understand having bad experiences with any service provider or retailer, but to think that because you happen to get stuck with a few bad apples, the whole orchard is bad is nonsense.

Anyway, glad you found your solution. Best of luck with your new carrier.
    hate doesnt begin to describe how i feel about sprint...

i am completely new on this forum and to t650 as i will be switching to a t650 in 5 days. i have been looking around this forum as to familiarize myself with the t650 before i get it so i kno what to expect. and it is with this thread that i decided to register and comment...

that was the intro...

6 years ago i left sprint disgusted... utterly disgusted by their #@$$@% customer service... they have by far the most incompetent employees ever... not only did the rep(S) not help me but one of them even hung up on me

right now i have nextel... and have been thinking about getting a t650 for the last few months but my contract with nextel is over in 5 days... and with the recent merge with sprint and nextel... i was unhappy... because nextel has been good to me... and since my boss had an extra t650 with sprint for me, i decided to give sprint another chance... for nextel's sake... i called nextel customer service and because i had to go from nextel to sprint i had to speak to someone from sprint... it was unbelievable how many times i was transfered... ( the funny thing was all the reps i spoke to on nextel's side were very helpful and the ones from sprint side was unhelpful and confusing. and i asked them what side they were from ) UNBE-FREAKEN-LIEVABLE... it was not that hard... i had a nextel account, i had a treo 650 on hand and all i needed to do was get a sprint account and activate my phone... sprint kept on transfering me back to nextel and to their other numerous outsources because i swear some of their reps did not even speak english... i mean english is not my first language so im not trying to be disrespectful but i could not understand what the probelm was. they just kept on transferring me and telling me they had to call me back... what the heck... i spoke to about 10 different sprint reps and they transferred me back to nextel at least 3 times... anyways very long story made a little bit shorter but 2 days later and about 6 hours of waiting later i was hung up again by some incompetent sprint rep and that was it... i could not take it... i tried to give them another chance but they just reminded me of the reason why i left sprint in the first place 6 years ago...

i have never once had a good rep from sprint. EVER...
    nextel doesnt always have the best but at least they have helped me
    same goes for tmobile, and cingular, but i would have to say that verizon has the best by far... even when they are screwing me with their dsl... they do it in a way that makes me still feel like im important...

sorry for the venting... but sprint sucks...
    Case. In. Point.

FWIW - I just converted three of my die-hard Verizon friends over to Sprint Treo 650's and they're pleased as punch.
    i dont understand what your saying...

im glad you havent been screwed by sprint... your lucky... you didnt have to deal with that fraustrating situation... but if you've evern been screwed... im sure your not just gonna sit idly by and not say anything... thats just my experience with sprint... of course as the little consumer who would never be able to take down the corporation im gonna voice my dissatisfaction. im not saying dont go with sprint ( ok maybe i am ) but thats just my opinion and go with whatever works for you... but cant you just feel my pain? im sure there are people out there who do...
    Quote Originally Posted by posta_boy

i have never once had a good rep from sprint. EVER...
    nextel doesnt always have the best but at least they have helped me
    same goes for tmobile, and cingular, but i would have to say that verizon has the best by far... even when they are screwing me with their dsl... they do it in a way that makes me still feel like im important...

sorry for the venting... but sprint sucks...
    Why do you call customer service so much??
    Cause hez da posta_boy for cuztomer servize
    Must be
    Maybe we should get customer supports side ?
    I think he just believes that everybody is out to screw him. I got that by his comment about Verizon DSL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast