Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe his forehead is threaded ?
    I think that is maybe why I tend to have more patience than the average consumer. Having worked extensively in customer support in the wireless/mobile sector (and still do - though I'm in tier III now, so I only deal with OpCos) I think I have a better understanding of the kind of hell we consumer put customer support reps through on a daily basis due to our ignorance and lack of common courtesy. Now I'm not saying every CSR is a gem, but in my experience a little education and kindness on the part of the consumer goes a LONG way in getting a CSR to assist you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    I...but in my experience a little education and kindness on the part of the consumer goes a LONG way in getting a CSR to assist you.
    I dont know why this idea should be so hard for some to grasp.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    helps you get late charges removed..
    I think that is maybe why I tend to have more patience than the average consumer. Having worked extensively in customer support in the wireless/mobile sector (and still do - though I'm in tier III now, so I only deal with OpCos) I think I have a better understanding of the kind of hell we consumer put customer support reps through on a daily basis due to our ignorance and lack of common courtesy. Now I'm not saying every CSR is a gem, but in my experience a little education and kindness on the part of the consumer goes a LONG way in getting a CSR to assist you.
    Funny, when I talk to CSR's reading off a problem solving flowchart, I immediately ask for their manager.
    I once tried Sprint, and like posta_boy I quickly found both their coverage and customer service sucked. Getting signed up and running was no biggie, but when it was time to cancel 5 days later it was a major hassle. Simply put I too was transfered, hung up on (both during transfer and simply hung up on), left on hold and ultimately not helped. My solution of last resort was to get my credit card company involved (the refund on the equipment was the issue here) and was happy with that outcome.

Now I also had Verizon, excellent customer service, very helpful very nice and hey they work 24x7 and thats nice. I left after nearly 10 years of lotyal service not for customer care issues, but for options that couldn't give me that GSM could (I know) and their pricing was a bit high.

So Cingular it was and while they do not have 24x7 CS they have been helpful and helped me out when I needed it. Case in point was earlier this year while in the Carribean I was told by a store rep and CS rep at their 800 # that with international roaming I was set to go and would be charged the applicable $.49 a minute (or .18 on one island). Well I came home to (2) bills totaling nearly $600 in roaming charges. Guess what the notes were there to prove what I was told was later determined to be incorrect so I received a full refund.

Now given all of that and my issues with Cingular call quality and the upcoming Treo 700w (about time Palm did that) I will move back to Verizon, their prices are comparable, data is still higher but they have a MUCH larger EV-DO than sprint and Cingulars Edge is too slow.

CS is a key factor but many other factors also go into the carrier I choose, price, product options and over all call quality. So yeah sprint sucks for me, but it may not for others.
    I'm an average consumer. I'm normally pretty patient and polite when calling for customer service. After all, I'm calling for help. But when I get a CSR rep who is reading from a script, or who's having a bad day and takes it out on me, or claims ignorance and shows no initiative to find an answer, yes I do get a tad cranky.

And, why is it that customers who get the angriest and the loudest get the best customer service? What about giving the folks who don't scream at you a discount just for being nice? Isn't that a sad commentary on the state of things? One time, a computer rep did try to find some discount she could give me because I was the first person who hadn't yelled at her that day. But she couldn't come up with anything.

It seems like things would work more smoothly if customers didn't take it out on CSRs and if CSRs would admit "hey, I don't know but let me find out".

Just my Monday morning musing.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12