1.    #1  
    I followed all the steps Palm gives for the update but when complete, I still get V. 1.03 under phone info and when I try to to turn the phone on, it just restarts, leaving the phone off. Anyone else had this problem, or can suggest something?

Thanks,
    Rafael
    maybe one of the steps wasn't followed. At this point you have nothing to lose. See if you can try it again. Maybe the process will keep the phone on. If not give data tech support a call for a refurb.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhermoso
    I followed all the steps Palm gives for the update but when complete, I still get V. 1.03 under phone info and when I try to to turn the phone on, it just restarts, leaving the phone off. Anyone else had this problem, or can suggest something?
    Definately do a hard reset and start again. Have the instructions out and go one line at a time and be sure not to miss anything. Pretty easy update and should have no problems. Also, be patient. After syncing the update to the phone, wait. It could take a long time before the update comes on and starts updating to your phone. You'll see a prgress bar and then the updates scrolling on the screen. I think this is where most think somethings wrong and picks up the phone to start what's next.
    Afternoon... I had the same issues with my Treo showing 1.03 and when I tried to access the phone my Treo continually reset.......

I took RickMG's suggestion and started the entire process over again and it worked. The first time I ignored the directive to hook the device up to the charger....when I actually followed the directions the second time and it worked.

Hope this helps.....
    I had trouble until I removed the SD card, then everything went fine. Just another point to consider.

Regards,
    Ian
    i am having the same problem, and i am now trying with the phone plugged in.... i should follow directions more often......
    well i followed the destructions and it worked.... i hate that sinking feeling when you try to upgrade the phone and you suddenly realize.... it might not work again.
    thanks for the advice....