1.    #1  
    I just switched from a Cingular 650 to a Verizon 650. Although I really like Verizon's service better, I don't like the SMS feature. With the Cingular 650, the SMS messages were grouped into "Chat Threads". This was extemely convenient since it kept things organized according to who had sent the message. It also listed your responses in the thread.

Verizon's 650 lists every single incoming message seperately. It also doesn't even seem to keep a copy of my sent messages. I checked the preferences, and the option that exists in the Cingular version isn't in the Verizon version. Any other ideas on how to duplicate the functionality of the Cingular version?
    Matt Milano
    President
    Praevius, Inc.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    my VZW groups into chats...poke around in the sms settings
    Mine also groups them into chats by originator / original target of the SMS
    You Can't Stop The Signal - Serenity in theaters on September 30th!
    ---
    iMac G5 2ghz, 1024mb, 160gb, SD
    Treo 650 (VZW)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Ditto...same person SMS comes back as chat grouping...
    Same here - my Verizon device does the threading function. They all do. I had a Sprint device before - no difference.
  6.    #6  
    I'm officially an *****. :-) I forgot that until u reply to a test message from a person, it lists all test messages from that person individually. Only after u reply does it then group them.

It was late the night I posted, after a long days work. Brain wasn't working right. At 4 in the morning I jolted awake remembering how it worked.
    Matt Milano
    President
    Praevius, Inc.
    One thing:
    Holding a brand new Cingular in my left, and a New Verizon in my right hand.

Messaging> Menu> Options> About

Verizon
    PalmOne MMS v. 1.0