1.    #1  
    As more and more EV-DO capable phones come out, including the Treo 700w, it seems that VZW will need to change its pricing structure for data plans. It doesn't make sense to be paying $45/month for 1xRTT when VZW is charging the same price for EV-DO on PDA phones. What they should do is keep the $45/month plan for EV-DO users and create an unlimited 1xRTT data plan at a lower price point for those of us who do not have EV-DO capabilities or don't need it. Who's with me?
    I absolutely agree. But the problem is that VZW has all these companies paying $45 for the 1XRTT speed. So what motivation do they have to lower it while it's bringing in so much $$$. The thing is that I think VZW doesn't want the casual user on their service and is willing to let them go to Sprint. As long as their corp customers keep paying the $45 they don't care about where you or I go. It really sucks because I would like to move to VZW but can't justify and extra $360/year for the same service.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    keeping both at $45 allows them to say "and for exactly the same price we give you the highest speed". They COULD market it that they are doing evdo people a favor by keeping them both $45.

sprint is alreadhy like a third or less the cost for 1xrtt so if that isn't enough to chase away customers I'm afraid there's no incentive to lower pricing.
    Many Sprint 6700 users (Sprint's new EVDO phone) are reporting that they are getting EVDO for $10-$20/month on regular Vision plans. DUN to laptop is also possible on the 6700 phone. Sprint matched Verizon on the laptop cards to $60/month but I'm surprised Verizon didn't match Sprint for smartphones.

I don't think Verizon cares until their churn ratio increases and user-base doesn't grow fast. Verizon is still the fastest growing so they can afford to rape their users.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    please allow me to be a smarta** here

Verizon might lower prices soon...NOT!!!

Shyeah... and monkeys might fly outta my ****.

No offense intended to Insertion.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    ... and monkeys might fly outta my ****.
    That would be interesting to see
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    You have a slightly twisted sense of what is "interesting" Clairegrrl.

On the subject, I think Verizon will lower the price of data soon. As smartphones and media services increase in popularity and stability, competition will get more intense.
    While I agree that Verizon will at some point, lower their pricing, you will have to admit that seeing a chimp, or one of those organ grinder monkeys fly from Dragmon's bu.....well nevermind.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Frightening, wild, outrageous, horrifying, creepy, like a car wreck (you can't help but look) maybe. Interesting? Dunno.

But... just to keep the post relative... I think Verizon will have no choice. I just happens soon. If it does, we'll all keep an eye on Dragmon.
    I'm not so sure, I think Verizon will just try to get everyone to upgrade to a new EV-DO phone instead....
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    While I agree that Verizon will at some point, lower their pricing, you will have to admit that seeing a chimp, or one of those organ grinder monkeys fly from Dragmon's bu.....well nevermind.
    Interesting to us yes. Almost like finding the Holy Grail. But nobody ever considers how the poor monkey would feel about it.

But I'm guessing he would feel more positive about it than Verizon would about lowering their data plans!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    But nobody ever considers how the poor monkey would feel about it.
    I would think that they'd feel...well, released
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    The answer is simple. The day they no longer release phones that aren't EV-DO is when they might consider lowering the National Access prices and only then if they have trouble selling NA phones and then use cheaper data to move them.

And look at it from their pov, you have a Treo 650, you want EVDO, they would rather keep the data rates the same to force you to buy a new phone to simply be faster. I'm all over a 700p if/when it comes out as long as it has more RAM and is EVDO like the 700w.
    I agree and will buy 700p if it comes out as long as it has all
    the Treo 650 has plus EVDO and no handicap introduced on top
    of the 650.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgans
    As more and more EV-DO capable phones come out, including the Treo 700w, it seems that VZW will need to change its pricing structure for data plans. It doesn't make sense to be paying $45/month for 1xRTT when VZW is charging the same price for EV-DO on PDA phones. What they should do is keep the $45/month plan for EV-DO users and create an unlimited 1xRTT data plan at a lower price point for those of us who do not have EV-DO capabilities or don't need it. Who's with me?
    I agree. However, if history is any indication, they tend to lower their prices as a last resort to keep their subscribers.