1.    #1  
    Well I kind of expected it to happen but I activated a Treo about 2 months ago and put on unlimited data. Yea so I'm looking at a $1,300 bill. Not so cool. I've read many people getting this, but I can't help thinking why their customer service reps can't activate an unlimited plan? Or maybe its another weak link in the chain? Anyone have an ideas why they can't get their act together so customers don't need to call in and complaign? I'm assuming this bill will be negated down to the regular $140-150 per month... any advice?

Thanks,
    -Mike
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKnoop
    Well I kind of expected it to happen but I activated a Treo about 2 months ago and put on unlimited data. Yea so I'm looking at a $1,300 bill. Not so cool. I've read many people getting this, but I can't help thinking why their customer service reps can't activate an unlimited plan? Or maybe its another weak link in the chain? Anyone have an ideas why they can't get their act together so customers don't need to call in and complaign? I'm assuming this bill will be negated down to the regular $140-150 per month... any advice?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    Best thing I can say is call and be nice, then after your account is settled, tell a manager they are getting a bad rap here and other places. Then tell them it would be a good idea to make sure they enact your plans when asked to do so. Just my 2 cents.
    I have had billing issues with them in the past, and they have been very good about resolving them. If you have one close, go to a store and handle it in person.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I'll hit my local B&M store tomorrow and see what I can do.

-Mike
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I had an issue where I called to drop my minutes and the CSR set me up with no data plans on two treos and also 500 minutes. I had a nice $680 bill that is still being resolved and this was back in July. I've also added unlimited in messaging that they forgot to update so I went from maybe texting 3 times a month to over 200 and had $70 for that as well. You just need to keep calling and after a few weeks you know your account better than the CSR so just ask for a manager if they don't try to resolve your probllem. THere is always someone who can override anything. you just have to ber persistant. I even talked my way in getting a NE2 upgrade early on a 3rd line i my family share plan. Just explain to them that they need to make you satisfied and that you could be spending that $170 EVERY MONTH with Sprint or Cingular so giving you something for the hassle shouln't be a problem in the big picture.