1.    #1  
    I woke up this evening from my nap and got this email from service@sprintpcs.com

Dear Sprintpcs Member,

We have temporarily suspended your email account xxxxxxxxxx@sprintpcs.com.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
    2. Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
    3. An innability to accurately verify your selected option of subscription due to an internal error within our processors.
    See the details to reactivate your Sprintpcs account.

Sincerely,The Sprintpcs Support Team

along with it came an attachment labeled account-details.zip

When I was about to open it, it's actually a virus! Has anyone received this type of email? I tested my phone and see if it's still sending/receiving message via sprintpcs and it is!
    Not yet but thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 09/27/2005 at 12:50 PM.
    Never heard of this before. Wonder if it makes a difference if you never use Sprint's email acct. anyway?

Thanks for the info.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    You should alert this Sprint Tech support too, so they know this scam is occuring...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What a bummer!

I've received these types of E-mails before. I never open a .zip file in an E-mail unless I directly asked for a file sent. If I want to see account details I'll simply go directly to the site and check it there.

I get a lot of them spoofing Paypal. I never link to paypal from an E-mail. The safest way is to type the web address directly in my browser.

I may seem abit paraniod, but I've found a bit of paranioa has saved me hundreds of hours in recovery.

Good luck getting you machine cleaned up!

Cheers,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com