Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Who here has done it? WHat are your thoughts, both positive and negative? Thanks!
    About ten months ago (VZW to Sprint.)

Couldn't be happier. Cheaper data/SMS. More Voice plans to choose from (Free & Clear, Fair and Flex., Free Incoming...)

Signal is about the same, the only exception is my house. I can now, with Sprint, actually make and recieve calls (4 bars) without either roaming or searching for signal.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    double posted my fault
    Last edited by GSR david; 09/18/2005 at 02:13 AM.
    just switched recently... i have so-so reception in my house but my job is amazing well basically because they have a sprint tower in the hospital i work at and i get 23% off monthly bills when i had verizon i had no reception at my work place always in extended network and cannot recieve or make calls so it was frustrating... i have less bars at my home but i can still make and recieve calls no problems so no compaints there... so far so good
    I made the switch in January and have no regrets whatsoever. I travel around the US quite a bit, and have never experienced significant connection problems. And with $5 roaming and $15 unlimited data, Sprint is, in my opinion, a much better deal.
    Moved from Verizon to Cingular to Sprint. Best decision I could have made. Sprint's coverage in my area (Maryland, Delaware, Virginia) is as good or better than Verizon's, billing is accurate, Customer Service is superb, rates are much better than Verizon, and if its important to you, their Bluetooth phones have OPP & OBEX, which Verizon, with all of their paranoia, disables. Sprint rocks!
    I have a new Sprint Treo 650 still in the box. Looking to swap it for a new Verizon Treo 650. Please email me if your interested. sa3397@comcast.net

Thnx
    Switched back to Sprint from Verizon, couldn't afford their 50% higher rates for the exact same services from Sprint. It's unfortuneate that Veizon gets the 700 first, because quite frankly I have had it with the constant resets inferior accessories and lack of support from Palm
  9. Evo
    Would it be possible for anyone to provide details on performing this. I have a Verizon Treo 600. And I apologize if this topic is buried somewhere in the forum already, if it's been answered, simply link me please. Thanks a lot.

~~Evo
    www.beyond-records.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo
    Would it be possible for anyone to provide details on performing this. I have a Verizon Treo 600. And I apologize if this topic is buried somewhere in the forum already, if it's been answered, simply link me please. Thanks a lot.

~~Evo
    www.beyond-records.com
    Details on what? You go to a Sprint store (or online), buy a 650, sign a new contract, and walk out.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. Evo
    Was thinking more like changing from the Verizon network to the Sprint network. Financial circumstances prevent me from just investing in a Treo 650 ($499.99!?) for Sprint, though I already have service with them. I want to cancel my contract with Verizon and use my Treo with the Sprint service I also already have.

Thanks,
    ~~Evo
    www.beyond-records.com
    Was thinking more like changing from the Verizon network to the Sprint network. Financial circumstances prevent me from just investing in a Treo 650 ($499.99!?) for Sprint, though I already have service with them. I want to cancel my contract with Verizon and use my Treo with the Sprint service I also already have.

Thanks,
    ~~Evo
    www.beyond-records.com
    Ahhhh....now that makes sense.

Though probably technically possible, not likely. Sprint has a master list of all their ESN's. Your Verizon phone won't be in their database.

(From what I've seen, you can no longer take a Sprint phone and use on VZW anymore either, not that this applies to you.)

13. Evo
    Hmmmmmmmmm, so what are my options? Just ride out the storm with Verizon and cancel my Sprint account? I was hoping to avoid doing that being that I like the Sprint service better (and their service prices).

Let me know,
    ~~Evo
    www.beyond-records.com
    I have heard that Sprint data coverage is not that of Cingular's...........in any case I am thinking of switching to Sprint when my 2 years is up in Nov.
    Hmmmmmmmmm, so what are my options? Just ride out the storm with Verizon and cancel my Sprint account? I was hoping to avoid doing that being that I like the Sprint service better (and their service prices).

Let me know,
    ~~Evo
    www.beyond-records.com
    Options are either buy a new phone, or find a Sprint version on eBay or from someone here. Sorry.

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I have heard that Sprint data coverage is not that of Cingular's...........in any case I am thinking of switching to Sprint when my 2 years is up in Nov.
    if you mean sprints is much better then yes Sprint's data coverage is not that of cingulairs.

LOL

Honestly I dont know- but i think most people say cingulair sucks. I believe basically everywhere on sprint has vision now. I had sprint for about 7 years and ever since i had vision phones i never found a place without data coverage. I seem to recall that cingulair is a hodge podge of coverage of all differnet speeds and is not universal on their network.

Other's here more knowledgeable can chime in.
    Sprint does have 100% Vision data coverage wherever there is voice coverage. Cingular has a very low speed data coverage that is fairly broad but not 100% of their network. Cingular's somewhat higher speed EDGE can sometimes be little faster than Vision (100-140Kbits/sec) but is not in all major markets. They are still rolling Edge out.

Cingular is way behind with high-speed HSDPA, comparable to Sprint/Verizon EVDO (up to 1Mbit/sec). Sprint/Verizon claim to be in over 70 markets each on EVDO with 100 by the end of the year. Cingular plans to be in 10-20 by the end of the year. Cingular's network is so hodge podgey that they will apparently have to spend 4-5 times more than Sprint/Verizon to compete in the same number of markets.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery