1.    #1  
    I tried searching for this but I didn't find anything. Everytime someone sends me a text message I have to connect to Vision and read my Short Mail. This is ok, not the most convienient thing in the world. However, I can't seem to be able to get the message without having to touch the screen. It gives me a link and I can not find a way to select that link using the 5-way control pad. Thanks for any advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    I tried searching for this but I didn't find anything. Everytime someone sends me a text message I have to connect to Vision and read my Short Mail. This is ok, not the most convienient thing in the world. However, I can't seem to be able to get the message without having to touch the screen. It gives me a link and I can not find a way to select that link using the 5-way control pad. Thanks for any advice.
    Your account is not set up correctly. You need to call Sprint, ask for Vision Technical Support, and have them fix it so you get real SMS service. Shortmail sucks. It was the worst thing Sprint ever did.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Hi,

Shortmail is not a true SMS message. What Sprint does is send you an SMS message with a link to read the short message stored on a sprint server. I may be wrong on this as I haven't used Shortmail in about a year and it may have been changed. A true SMS message comes through an SMS web interface, from another phone, or sent directly to <Your Phone Number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com. It arrives in your "Messaging" inbox on your Treo.

Good Luck,
    Rory
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse
    Hi,

Shortmail is not a true SMS message. What Sprint does is send you an SMS message with a link to read the short message stored on a sprint server. I may be wrong on this as I haven't used Shortmail in about a year and it may have been changed. A true SMS message comes through an SMS web interface, from another phone, or sent directly to <Your Phone Number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com. It arrives in your "Messaging" inbox on your Treo.

Good Luck,
    Rory
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.