Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Does Sprint charge to check your VM from your phone? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks
    Yes. But there is a workaround. Do a search here for it, I can't recall the exact method.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm not trying to be inflammatory, just curious. You are not the first person I've seen in here that is concerned about this. Is it because you are on your phone so much, and your time is so in demand that the amount of VM you get is astronomical, and will seriously cause your bill to go up a significant amount each month? Or is it, and please don't take offense, because you are on a plan that is honestly too small for you, but you are attempting to save money by not moving up?
    I'm seriously curious.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I make at least 50 outbound business calls a day, and frequently I have to leave a message for these people. By the time they get back to me, I'm usually on another call (don't believe in call-waiting) and they leave me a message. For me to check my VM 20 times a day can add up over 30 days. Does this make sense to you, Dr?
    here is the thread

free voicemail calls SPRINT
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I like Sprint's Fair and Flexible plans. Most of the time, my minutes are under my limit. But last month, I had 700 extra minutes. Instead of slamming me with huge per-minute charges, Sprint just charges me $5 extra for each "tier" of minutes I use. Last month, I paid $35 extra for the 700 extra minutes. If I had been charged 40-cents/min lile some other plans, it would have cost me $280 extra!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I make at least 50 outbound business calls a day, and frequently I have to leave a message for these people. By the time they get back to me, I'm usually on another call (don't believe in call-waiting) and they leave me a message. For me to check my VM 20 times a day can add up over 30 days. Does this make sense to you, Dr?
    ...but it seems that if that's your life, then you should just get a plan to suite it. Checking your voicemail is something necessary for you. Important, even. Wouldn't it simply be easier and cheaper (when you factor in your time) to get a plan that enables you to immediately check said voicemail? On a majority of those calls it would seem to me like you should just call the party back, sight unseen, and speak with them. What they left on the VM will probably be discussed ad nauseum when you call them back anyway. Doesn't it take longer for you to FIND an open land line, call VM from there, then still call the party back, than it would for you to simply look at the Caller ID and return the call?
    Just playing Devil's Advocate.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    DrDoom, why pay for it if I don't have to?
    I think I hear the birds calling you...cheap...cheap
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think I hear the birds calling you...cheap...cheap
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    usually once these "workarounds" get abused by the masses then the service provider lockws 'em down. A few people taking a couple extra key strokes to avoid a few minutes is nothign but if large quantities of people do it, they'll notice.

A recent sort of similar thing- Directv used to allow you to log onto their website and screw with your movie channels once a day for nothing. People would log on friday night and turn on HBO then log in sunday morning to turn it off. It would cost them like 70 cents a day or somethign so it was cheaper then a ppv and you ccoudl get 2 days of movies. Well I guess too many people figured this out so now there is a 10 or $15 charge if you turn off a movie channel in less then 30 days.

On this particular issue- I just changed from Sprint to verizon- and it DRIVES ME INSANE to have to enter the 4 digit Pin and wait for the ronot chick to stop talking everytime i pick up VM where on sprint you you just get your darn messages automatically if you called from your own phone. I cant imagine dialing someone elses VM and sorting through the menues everytime I need my messages just to save $10 or $15 or even $25 a month that the next size plan would cost. If my time is importantant enough that I have to talk to people myself all the time, then I think it's important enough to spend a few dollars more to save myself 15 or 30 seconds of menues each VM call 20 times a day. Even assuming 15 seconds of menu hopping then thats 5 minutes a day or almost 2 hours a month. My time's worth alot more to me then $10 or $15 an hour so I'd just upgrade my plan.

All that said- JUST MY CHOICE- this is America- to each his own. Aint that grand! So if you guys like the workaround- by all means use it.
    With Sprint, isnt like 100 extra minutes over your plan just $5??
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    With Sprint, isnt like 100 extra minutes over your plan just $5??
    Yes, if you are on one of the "Fair and Flexible" plans.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Yes, if you are on one of the "Fair and Flexible" plans.
    I happen to be on my parents plan

BTW...how are the "Beet Diggers" doin'
    The "Parent Pays" plan - that's the best one of all!

Here is the Beet Digger logo: http://www.jhs.jordan.k12.ut.us/images/j_middle.gif
    Doesn't that beet look yummy?
    The "Parent Pays" plan - that's the best one of all!
    ... ...
    It'll be fun.
    Doesn't that beet look yummy?
    YUCK!