Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So... apparently there is SprintTV and now Sirius Satellite available thru PCS Enabled phones.

Does this include the Treo 650?

If not, isn't that super-lame? Couldn't they release an application that would be able to access those features?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrack
    So... apparently there is SprintTV and now Sirius Satellite available thru PCS Enabled phones.

Does this include the Treo 650?

If not, isn't that super-lame? Couldn't they release an application that would be able to access those features?
    MobiTV=SprintTV
  3.    #3  
    Not really familiar with MobiTV... I guess that's accessible on the 650? What about this new Sirius Radio Service?
    Not really familiar with MobiTV... I guess that's accessible on the 650? What about this new Sirius Radio Service?
    I think you can use a 3rd party app to stream Sirius Radio?
  5.    #5  
    According to the website it looks like its built in to the menus on a regular PCS Cell phone... but that menuing system doesn't really exist on the Treo... Hopefully we'll figure something out because that would be nice to be able to listen to Sirius from the Treo...
  6.    #6  
    OK... I just signed up for the MobiTV/SprintTV... should be active in a few hours they tell me. The rep I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned accessing "Sirius Satellite Radio", but I did sign up for the PCS Vision "Ultimate Pack" which seems to include everything (although no mention of Sirius, but it should be under the same multimedia download menu that the SprintTV is accessible thru so we'll see...)
    OK... I just signed up for the MobiTV/SprintTV... should be active in a few hours they tell me. The rep I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned accessing "Sirius Satellite Radio", but I did sign up for the PCS Vision "Ultimate Pack" which seems to include everything (although no mention of Sirius, but it should be under the same multimedia download menu that the SprintTV is accessible thru so we'll see...)
    I thought you had to have a Sprint "multimedia" phone to access TV and Sirius?

The MobiTV program is seperate from the SprintTV. Sprint offers more channels than MobiTV...

As a Sirius sub, I would love to listen to it over my Treo, but don't think it's possible because the phone isn't 'compatible.' Please post if you get it to work.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the way I understand it sprinTV is just MobiTV rebranded same as the mobile MLB service. SO technically it can work.

But they have differnet channel lineups so it's all screwy which version of the software on which provider allows what. COmpletely annoying I think. I'll pay just let me order what i want alla carte.
    would be nice to be able to listen to Sirius from the Treo...
    I've been doing this for about 8 months now... via pTunes/Shoutcast on my Treo 600. It works quite well. I have a DISH network receiver (Sirius is include free with DISH network) connected to a stereo which then connects to the audio in on a PC soundcard. Shoutcast streams the PC audio on the Internet and I just listen to my private Shoutcast channel via pTunes. As a side note, I also have a second computer set up to stream my local play-by-play sports radio in order to listen to MLB games no matter where I'm at.

Of course this set up has some prerequisite (DISH network, high speed net connection) and requires a little bit of work to initially set up, but it doesn't cost anything extra once it's up and running.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalVisor
    I've been doing this for about 8 months now... via pTunes/Shoutcast on my Treo 600. It works quite well. I have a DISH network receiver (Sirius is include free with DISH network) connected to a stereo which then connects to the audio in on a PC soundcard. Shoutcast streams the PC audio on the Internet and I just listen to my private Shoutcast channel via pTunes. As a side note, I also have a second computer set up to stream my local play-by-play sports radio in order to listen to MLB games no matter where I'm at.

Of course this set up has some prerequisite (DISH network, high speed net connection) and requires a little bit of work to initially set up, but it doesn't cost anything extra once it's up and running.

That sounds pretty cool... I have DirecTV - been looking into ShoutCast for some time, but just haven't implemented it because I don't have a PC anywhere near my Sat Receivers, but I may have to do something about that soon.

I'm not sure what the difference is between MobiTV and SprintTV, but I do know the Sprint Rep told me that SprintTV DOES work with the 650... I'll be confirming this soon when I can get out of my office because I have horrible reception in my office building, so I'll be checking it out once I get out of here for the weekend...

I'm really not even that interested in SprintTV, but I wanted to give it a try and I also want to get this Sirius Sat working because that would be awesome.

How do you find the reception from your ShoutCast stream? Does it drop alot? If it does drop, does it reconnect automatically?
  11.    #11  
    OK... just officially found out that Treo 650 is NOT a Sprint "Multimedia Phone" so they do not allow you to get SprintTV or Sirius Satellite via the 650.

People have been talking about MobiTV on the 650... How do we get that running?
  12.    #12  
    Couple of threads discussing topic... Gonna try to go thru these tonight...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=431

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95279
    People have been talking about MobiTV on the 650... How do we get that running?
    http://www.mobitv.com/treo.html
  14.    #14  
    Thx... Actually got it running... pretty smooth setup... impressive product...

Much more discussion in those other threads I linked to, but just to close this thread out - MobiTV works on the 650... and while $9.99/month may be a bit expensive, the product works as advertised! Pretty nice!
    How do you find the reception from your ShoutCast stream? Does it drop alot? If it does drop, does it reconnect automatically?
    It's dependent on your Internet connection at home and the quality of the Sprint network where you are currently located.

I've got the encoding of the AM sports radio station set to 24kbps/22.050kHz, Mono (no noticable difference compared to listening to AM live on the radio) and the Sirius encoding set to 40kbps/22.050kHz,Stereo (which is basically AM stereo quality).

It doesn't "drop", but instead "buffers" when there is congestion/weak signal and usually picks up where it left off. I have noted that the Shoutcast stream for the AM radio station has about a 20 second delay compared to "live" radio. I haven't compared the delay with Sirius.

It was cool to be able to listen to a baseball game on a Los Angeles radio station while traveling south on the I-15 in the middle of nowhere/Utah (where I couldn't pick up any "local" stations).
  16.    #16  
    I definitely need to figure out the shoutcast setup for my Sirius... loving this MobiTV!
    It was cool to be able to listen to a baseball game on a Los Angeles radio station while traveling south on the I-15 in the middle of nowhere/Utah (where I couldn't pick up any "local" stations).
    How RUDE!

Utah is somewhere, right here, not nowhere, so there!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!

and the address to your stream is.....?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    How RUDE!

Utah is somewhere, right here, not nowhere, so there!
    I meant in the middle of nowhere in Utah; you know that part of Utah where there is absolutely nothing--the long stretches of nothingness south of Utah Valley and north of Cedar City (save a few small towns)?
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    and the address to your stream is.....?
    Sorry, it's a *private* stream for two big reasons:

1) I don't think Sirius would be too happy with me if I made it public.
    2) You would kill my bandwidth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast