1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I have been having a problem as of late. If I don't use the data connection for 4+ hours, I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to use it again. If I don't I get a connection timeout. Is anyone else having this problem? I have a 650 (most recent update) on Sprint network...

L
    -Lammy
    I hesitate to say much about the Sprint phone (it is different from my GSM). On mine, Versamail, Blazer have a Disconnect menu item. You can also go into Prefs, Network and disconnect from there. 2day (a 3rd party software) can invoke a disconnect by Menu-d. There is a free utility called resetnetlib at http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/

Do any of these work? You should not have to turn the phone off-on to connect again.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the help, but sprint automatically disconnects. It's the reconnect that I have issues with.

-Lammy
    Try the resetnetlib and see if that allows the reconnect wothout the phone off-on cycle.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Try the resetnetlib and see if that allows the reconnect wothout the phone off-on cycle.
    I've been having the same problem, where in the last week or so I've had to soft reset my Sprint Treo 650 in order to get it to be able to connect to the web/email. I tried resetnetlib and it didn't fix the problem.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Anyone find a resolution? I'm having the same issues. Need to reset my phone every hour or so.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    No one else is having this problem? This is a brand new replacement Treo 650 that I'm using. I can't seem to find a solution, aside from turning the phone off & on again, in order to establish a connection to PCS Vision. Should I be requesting ANOTHER replacement? Any advice?
  8.    #8  
    You can try something that periodically connects, such as an email program. Alternatively, I'm trying Profile Care with it turning off the phone and then back on.

Good luck.

PS: Mine is brand spankin' new and I still have the problem.
    -Lammy
    I've seen this and it is usually a program that causes a disconnect after using the connection.

This may not be related but you could try updating the vision profile.

Dial ##3282
    Menu->Update Vision Profile

If it doesn't work...
    Another way is to change the "Vision password" on the Sprint website, it will force down a provision on the phone. Works for all Vision phones, not just Treo.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    There have been many complaints about this in the VolumeCare thread. The problem is not that Vision disconnects, it's almost like the Treo modem gets jammed and has to be cleared by power cycling the handset via the red phone button. It is quite annoying & has been chronic for the past few weeks. A bunch of us VolumeCare users assumed that it was happening because of VolumeCare, since it is the only new app we have and has constant updates made to it. The developer states that his app could not be the culprit & that its likely a new network issue. Does any one else having these issues have a recent build of VolumeCare as well?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yes, I have the latest build of VolumeCare, and as a matter of fact, this problem started just last week, around the time I installed VolumeCare. I'll try uninstalling VolumeCare and report back with my results.
    Quote Originally Posted by unvme
    Yes, I have the latest build of VolumeCare, and as a matter of fact, this problem started just last week, around the time I installed VolumeCare. I'll try uninstalling VolumeCare and report back with my results.
    I have made a build of VolumeCare that changes the way the Phone Subsystem is used. Give it a try to see if it stops this behavior you are seeing. This is a very random thing that is happening and while I am not at all sure it is VolumeCare's fault, I am making changes to see if I can improve or stop the network issues you and a few others are seeing.

The new build is here: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I've seen this and it is usually a program that causes a disconnect after using the connection.

This may not be related but you could try updating the vision profile.

Dial ##3282
    Menu->Update Vision Profile

If it doesn't work...
    Another way is to change the "Vision password" on the Sprint website, it will force down a provision on the phone. Works for all Vision phones, not just Treo.

Cool, I will try that!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Same problem on my Sprint 650. Have to do a reset or power phone on/off in order to connect to data services. I also have Volumecare v 4.07. I'll try Jeff's latest version to see if this is the problem.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Jeff,

Thanks for working with us on this issue. I'm pretty sure that VolumeCare is doing something to the Vision connection, because after I uninstalled VolumeCare yesterday, I haven't had any problems connecting. I'll try out the new build. Thanks again Jeff.

Ryan