1.    #1  
    I went into the Sprint store Saturday in San Jose, CA. I wanted to get a replacement unit as my headphone jack was damaged the previous weekend listening to music using the Radio Shack adapter. DON"T USE THIS ADAPTER as discussed in other recent threads, it will break your phone.

I was told that because of the Sprint / Nextel merger closing this week, Sprint will not take care or warranty exchanges in the store, you have to send to the manufacturer! I couldn't believe this, another reason to leave Sprint as soon as somebody matches their data plan.

On the other hand, I was also told that for 20 days following the merger, you can sign up for their $3/month warranty program or $6/month insurance program which will replace unit if lost, stolen, cracked screen, etc.

I had wanted to sign up for this program, but missed doing so in the first thirty days. Because my Treo broke randomly during this post-merger period, however, I was lucky to discover I can sign up now.

Given the cost of the Treo and it's various issues, I would heartily recommend anybody not under coverage to sign up for one or the other, especially if Sprint will no longer take care of things in their store.
    I don't doubt what you are saying, but I find it odd that Sprint would make these types of changes without notifying its customers. I would think if you are paying a monthly amount in your contract, they have to either communicate those changes to you or honor your existing contract as written.
    They WILL give proper notification. People with TEP will keep it untill they upgrade or Dec 31 when it will automatically switch to ESRP.

It really is better coverage as now they will locally repair more handsets and repair things like busted LCD's and the like. It costs about 3 a day more. and it covers more.

If you don't have it the repair under warranty is now sent to the Mfg. If you do Repaired or replaced.

Without the new ESRP even simple repairs will now cost $15, $35 or $55 depending on what is done. With ESRP there is no charge.

If you need even 1 repair this more than pay's for itself. If you don't need a repair you have peace of mind.

Sprint is putting more of the cost of warranty on the manufacturer's where it should be. In the long run I believe it will help Sprint and it's subscribers both.

Of course that's just my opinion...
    I could be wrong.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    There is a rather detailed discussion at:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/wap...74679&f=3&bat=
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Center button fell off the other day. I took it to the Sprint store to see if I can get it repaired. Since the center button is something that is needed.(Have to use my stylus to press middle button for now)anyways.. After taking it to Spint, I was very satisfied because they put in an order for a new treo because they did not have any in stock to replace my treo. Sprint Rocks!
    a personal articles policy from your insurance company will only cost you about $20/year and will cover you phone with no deductible.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I didn't add insurance when I first got my 650. I had it replaced recently under Palm's one-year warranty. Sprint sent it in for me. When I got a refurbed back, I asked the rep at the store if I could add insurance. She said no because I had to add when first purchased even though replaced.

I later called a rep and said I have a new 650 and would like to add insurance. Got it added with no questions. Just try a few reps until you find one willing to add.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Or you could just buy your next phone from Costco. You could probably even talk your way into getting a refund over a broken screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Center button fell off the other day. I took it to the Sprint store to see if I can get it repaired. Since the center button is something that is needed.(Have to use my stylus to press middle button for now)anyways.. After taking it to Spint, I was very satisfied because they put in an order for a new treo because they did not have any in stock to replace my treo. Sprint Rocks!

did they try accusing you of damaging the phone by misuse or dropping it? Seems like every problem I have with my phone they try to tell me that.
    The problem is "locally". Repair for me now means a 45 minute drive to closest "repair" facility. Used to walk in...wait an hour for diagnosis...get a new one via warrantee exchange in 2 days. Now I've been there three times in the last week. Phone ear speaker died so I brought it in. THey said it was not repairable and ordered me a replacement. Perfect. Excpet for when the replacement's keyboard is now intermittent. That is a "fixable" problem they want me to have taken care of at a repair store. They gave me a broken replacement and want me to go to another store to get it fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_darby
    another reason to leave Sprint as soon as somebody matches their data plan.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow
    did they try accusing you of damaging the phone by misuse or dropping it? Seems like every problem I have with my phone they try to tell me that.
    No questions asked. Only question was where I lived so they can direct the phone to the closes Sprint Store. <---That's the "Southern Hospitality!