1.    #1  
    Just a quick note for anyone who hasn't seen yet, Sprint is now offering an additional $50 off the 650 w/ a 2 year agreement ($599 - $150 - extra $50) = $399. This is the price with activation of a new line of service, or for upgrading an existing handset which is has active for at least 24 months.

Even better in my opinion though, is that the 650 is now one of the six Sprint phones which have an additional $75 rebate for anyone who has only had their existing handset for 12-23 months, on top of the instant $75 which would come from a 2 year renewal. Anyone with Sprint who was waiting for 24 months to get their full $150 can get it now on a new 650 as long as they have had their phone at least 1 year.
    Good to know...but I think those that haven't upgraded might be waiting for the 670/700 ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Good to know...but I think those that haven't upgraded might be waiting for the 670/700 ;-)
    They don't have as much glamour or hype around them, but there are always those pragmatic users who maximize their dollars and discounts available to them, and want a product that is dependable for day to day business rather than the very latest -- now that the 650 has had its major firmware updates and a wide variety of functional add-on apps, I think there will be many people who have not yet gotten one who will make the jump.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Wow, that's incredible!

Sometimes it really "pays" to wait.

I should have went with Sprint a year ago when I was shopping around for new cell phone service, because my wife now is interested in getting a T650. When it's all said and done, I'll probably end up paying $400 for the new handset (and that includes my corp. discount).

Such is life...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTechno
    They don't have as much glamour or hype around them, but there are always those pragmatic users who maximize their dollars and discounts available to them, and want a product that is dependable for day to day business rather than the very latest -- now that the 650 has had its major firmware updates and a wide variety of functional add-on apps, I think there will be many people who have not yet gotten one who will make the jump.
    I agree. I think if the next treo is just marginally better than the 650, then I will pick up a 650 when the price drops to $300+ or so.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

How do you get the rebate or the $50 off? Do you have a link?
    discounting in the past always preceeded the release of a new version of the Treo,got to clear out the inventory I suppose...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    discounting in the past always preceeded the release of a new version of the Treo,got to clear out the inventory I suppose...
    I was having the same thoughts. Another thread spoke of a $399 Sptint Treo 650 at CompUSA. If the rebates and sales have begun. . . the next release/model cannot be too much farther down the road. . . .
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I agree. I think if the next treo is just marginally better than the 650, then I will pick up a 650 when the price drops to $300+ or so.
    Actually the price for new activations on any corporate accounts has dropped even further -- it is down to an amazing $289.99 w/ 2 year agreement -- you can get the camera or no camera version if office security is an issue. This is an awesome deal for any companies needing multiple 650s -- especially since Sprint also is offering 2 months of Goodlink service free per line as well!

Here is a link to the price http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTechno
    Just a quick note for anyone who hasn't seen yet, Sprint is now offering an additional $50 off the 650 w/ a 2 year agreement ($599 - $150 - extra $50) = $399. This is the price with activation of a new line of service, or for upgrading an existing handset which is has active for at least 24 months.

Even better in my opinion though, is that the 650 is now one of the six Sprint phones which have an additional $75 rebate for anyone who has only had their existing handset for 12-23 months, on top of the instant $75 which would come from a 2 year renewal. Anyone with Sprint who was waiting for 24 months to get their full $150 can get it now on a new 650 as long as they have had their phone at least 1 year.
    Where did you get this information??? Do you have a link? Other?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleNickle
    Where did you get this information??? Do you have a link? Other?
    I work for Sprint....go into any Sprint store and they will tell you this as well....

Just look at Sprint.com and you will also see the modified price on the web.