Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As expected, free incoming minutes optin and Sprint<->Nextel free calling option.

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7980

New Consumer and Business Plans

Highlights of Sprint's new and unrivaled go-to-market offers include:

- Sprint Fair & FlexibleSM. A plan that includes nationwide roaming and allows customers to use their phones as much as they want with no huge overages the plans adjust automatically to meet a customer's usage month to month.

- Sprint Free Incoming. Free incoming calls - anytime, from anywhere on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network or Nextel National Network including unlimited nationwide walkie-talkie service.

- Sprint Mobile to Mobile Calling. Unlimited minutes for just $5 a month for customers on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Nextel National Network.

- The Ability to Turn Back Time. With a new plan, the customer can choose when their nights begin: at 6, 7 or 9 p.m. All plans include unlimited night and weekend minutes starting at 9 p.m., but for $5 more the unlimited clock starts at 7 p.m. and for just $10 more it can start at 6 p.m.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    If I already have free PCS-PCS, does that mean my plan will automatically include Nextel users as well? Or is this only for those people who sign up for new plans after Sept. 1?
    Perhaps the answer to your question is here.

This is a page that answers a lot of the FAQ related to the merger.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So the "new" Fair & Flexible Plans include roaming?? Does this mean I am wasting the extra $5 per month for roaming?? I just started this plan on Aug 31 with a new Sprint Treo 650 bought from TreoCentral. The default 300 minute plan offered through TreoCentral charged an extra $5 per month to include roaming. So I thought I'd try it, and worst case scenario, I'd cancel the roaming part if it was not necessary. Now roaming can be included for the same $35 plan??
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    yes free roaming is included with the new fair and flexible plans. I just purchased my treo last week and made it a point to make sure that I wasn't being charged for roaming.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    What about those of us who have plans which do not include nationwide roaming? Do we automaticly get nationwide roaming, or do we need to make a new contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by unvme
    If I already have free PCS-PCS, does that mean my plan will automatically include Nextel users as well? Or is this only for those people who sign up for new plans after Sept. 1?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaz3
    yes free roaming is included with the new fair and flexible plans. I just purchased my treo last week and made it a point to make sure that I wasn't being charged for roaming.
    I think the way it actually works is that roaming is free provided it doesnt exceed 50% of your total minutes.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think the way it actually works is that roaming is free provided it doesnt exceed 50% of your total minutes.
    yea i never really got that... i guess free is not actually free
    Quote Originally Posted by GSR david
    yea i never really got that... i guess free is not actually free
    Somehow, I think if you were going to roam more than that, you would be better off with a different carrier...no??
    okay, I'm coming up on the end of my 2 year AT&T - Cingular Treo 600 agreement. It is GSM of course and I assume it's locked. How do I check that? I'm seriously considering switching to Sprint and a T650 because of the plan price ($35/mo) and data price (either $10 or $15/mo unlimited). I have not been all that happy with the phone service in my area and house for that matter. I guess I would spend the extra $6/mo on the insurance too. CDMA vs. GSM for a mostly local boy...hmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    okay, I'm coming up on the end of my 2 year AT&T - Cingular Treo 600 agreement. It is GSM of course and I assume it's locked. How do I check that? I'm seriously considering switching to Sprint and a T650 because of the plan price ($35/mo) and data price (either $10 or $15/mo unlimited). I have not been all that happy with the phone service in my area and house for that matter. I guess I would spend the extra $6/mo on the insurance too. CDMA vs. GSM for a mostly local boy...hmmmm.
    The extra money you spend with T-Mo or Verizon will def be worth it.Sprint's customer service is HORRIBLE! As soon as my contract is up I'm runnin for da hills!

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle
    The extra money you spend with T-Mo or Verizon will def be worth it.Sprint's customer service is HORRIBLE! As soon as my contract is up I'm runnin for da hills!
    I thought you guys only had a lake???
    oh no, I thought Sprint was the answer - it's always something
    I thought you guys only had a lake???
    HAHAHAHAHA!! Well I'm takin a dip then and cannonballin straight into Tmo!
    Sprint is horrible!

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    oh no, I thought Sprint was the answer - it's always something
    There service is dependable but there customer service totally trumps that. Half of the reps don't speak english and the other half are jus dumb. I thought it was only a few but its all of em. They are all horrible and whenever you ask for a manager they get defensive and just hang up on you. You can't even ask these people for a callback number for them or a rep ID# without them gettin scared they did something wrong. Its jus incredible.They are by far the worst phone company I have dealt wit and I have been wit Nextel(Great CS),Verizon(still with them),cingular(they're very good too),and AT&T(before the merger). I hope Nextel does them some good.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

You must've had some bad CS experiences if you're willing to pay twice as much for data after you leave Sprint. That's not worth it for me. I'll take my $15/month for unlimited data and not call CS unless I have a big problem.

I dont' get this whole CS issue. I haven't called Sprint since I bought my 650 back in Nov 2004. Why is everyone spending so much time on the phone with Claire (not grrl, the other one)?
    I'm back!
    There service is dependable but there customer service totally trumps that. Half of the reps don't speak english and the other half are jus dumb. I thought it was only a few but its all of em. They are all horrible and whenever you ask for a manager they get defensive and just hang up on you. You can't even ask these people for a callback number for them or a rep ID# without them gettin scared they did something wrong. Its jus incredible.They are by far the worst phone company I have dealt wit and I have been wit Nextel(Great CS),Verizon(still with them),cingular(they're very good too),and AT&T(before the merger). I hope Nextel does them some good.
    If you thing Sprint is bad....give ATT a try. You will absolutely lose your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You must've had some bad CS experiences if you're willing to pay twice as much for data after you leave Sprint. That's not worth it for me. I'll take my $15/month for unlimited data and not call CS unless I have a big problem.

I dont' get this whole CS issue. I haven't called Sprint since I bought my 650 back in Nov 2004. Why is everyone spending so much time on the phone with Claire (not grrl, the other one)?
    That Claire is a pig
    That Claire is a pig
    I heard that too.
    I'm back!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast