1.    #1  
    I am thinking about getting a Treo 650 through Verizon's "New Every Two" Program. Can anyone suggest a reasonable data plan through Verizon?

Also, the reason I want to get the phone is that it's time for a new phone and PDA and I thought this would be a good option. For the most part, I anticipate using the Treo simply to keep contacts handy, send the occassional text and make phone calls - most likely no web surfing since home / office are both wired for internet.

What is battery life like?
    How about transporting this thing? Is it reasonable to think that I can carry it in a pocket or is it too big?
    First, you do not need a data plan if all you want to do is text messaging (SMS). Data is only for surfing, e-mail, and MMS. I have 1,000 text messages a month for $9.99, and this is plenty. You have to ask for this. On their web site they have "IN" messaging plans, but I don't send messages to other Verizon users.

As far as carrying in your pocket, that is going to be a personal preference. I wear mine on my belt with the Treo Side Case.

Hope this helps.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Forgot one thing. Battery life for your uses should be pretty good. It is recommended that you top off the battery every night. Even using bluetooth to surf in the evening, I haven't dipped below 50 percent yet in a single day.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case