1.    #1  
    Hi guys I currently have sprint pcs service. I would like to get a treo 650, however, i don't qualify for the discounted price b/c i'm already under a contract. Is the full retail price ($599) worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by husef9926
    Hi guys I currently have sprint pcs service. I would like to get a treo 650, however, i don't qualify for the discounted price b/c i'm already under a contract. Is the full retail price ($599) worth it?
    Well.....

It depends how bad you want the phone. I paid full retail at a Comp USA store last Dec. Sprint tells me I am qualified for the Treo discounts this Dec. I may take them up on it if the new Treo 670 or whatever is comes out at that time. Personally, I never regretted paying full price.

Chuck
    My brother upgraded to a T650 for $400 at a Sprint store in NYC. He was already a Sprint customer.

Also check shopping.yahoo.com...
    http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:palmOne%...rt=price&used=
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Well.....

It depends how bad you want the phone.
    I think that pretty much answers it. If it's worth it to you, do it. It's your money.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I think that pretty much answers it. If it's worth it to you, do it. It's your money.
    So sayeth the Monk!
    I was nervous when I first purchased my 650. I can tell you I feel that it was worth every penny. remember that sprint has a 14 day trial period so if you buy and don't like it you can return it. if I were you i'de at least give it a try. what have you got loose.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Why not get a used one of ebay? If that is not your style then I would suggest going to CompUsa, paying full retail or discount if you can, get the insurance/warranty (it is more warranty than insurance) they (CompUSA) offer, and get the Sprint/LockLine Insurance on top of that. This what I did with my 600, and it saved my wallet and ***. See I had a Sprint 600 for almost 2yrs. and on it I had both the Sprint insurance and CompUSA's insurance/warranty. When I got my 600 wet I reported it to Sprint and they gave me a new phone within; like 3 days, therefore saving my CompUSA warranty for a later date. Boy was I happy I did that. Cause right around Dec. 04 my phone (600) stopped working. I took it into CompUSA and they said "Hmm, It does look like it is broke", then they asked me, "Would you like another 600 or would you like the new 650?". That did this because there warranty says they will replace it with the same or equal value. Well needless to say I went with the new 650. So I look at it like a deeply discounted upgrade. Just a thought for ya.
    Check out these happy campers:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94874

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95028
    try ebay they sell around $400 brand new just be carefull and check their feedback