1.    #1  
    Hey All....

Keep an eye on your bill....My bill was $20.00 more than it usually is. So I checked my account on the net and found a "casual usage web minutes" entry and that I was over my web minutes by 8 minutes. Since I have Vision Premium Unlimited which suppose cost me $15.00 a month. My bill was over by $20.00.

So I called the data rep at Sprint and according to the rep, I am using thousands and thousands of kilobytes more than what I am alotted. Now this is no downloads. Only surfing the net for 3 to 4 hours a night with PDANET.

So i asked if the Vision Unlimited Premium plan was unlimited for surfing the net. he said yes and asked me if I was using the phone as a modem. I said I was dialing it from the phone and sending the signal to my lappy by bluetooth.
    And that in my opinion the phone was a router. He agreed and said the cutoff was 10,000 kilobytes a day, then the plan turned into wireless web minutes for an extra charge.

The rep also said I was real lucky I did not get charged .01 cent per kilobyte.
    Sprint wants vision users to use the phone only for accessing the net. Obviously a computer sucks a lot more bytes than the phone.

Unlimited is not what it seems..

Chuck
    But that's how it works. Thems the rules.

I guess the solution is to spend less time on weare18.com
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    if you use your treo in "tethered mode" you are violating your customer agreement. use dun/pdanet at your own risk.
    Is this spelled out in the terms and conditions?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    yep
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    if you use your treo in "tethered mode" you are violating your customer agreement. use dun/pdanet at your own risk.
    Yup, you is right...I have no problem understanding the rules and assuming the risk..I just wanted other PDANET users to be aware that Sprint is cracking down.

There were a lot of doubting Thomas's when I brought the "unlimited" is not "unlimited" idea up in another post a short while ago.

Chuck