Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FYI...

there are national vision problems today(sprint). they hope to have it resolved by midnight tonight.

I've been getting "error 3000" all day have called in for tech help to sprint. first call at 2:00 they were unware of any network issues, but as of 4:30 they are now aware of the issue.

this is according to tier two vision tech I spoke with. i asked if they were regional or national issues and she confirmed national.

for any with network issues it may be related.
    Thank you my fine furry friend. All good here in L.A., but I'll keep that in mind just in case.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thank you my fine furry friend. All good here in L.A., but I'll keep that in mind just in case.
    Hey Dutch. I'm good over here in FTW (S. Arlington)

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Damn Sprint sucks. I can't wait to switch to Verizon.
    Good first post. Bash.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Hey..

Vision is working here in Salt Lake City.. As of 6:45 MST...

Chuck
    Is anyone having trouble connecting with the sprint pcs datavision? I have had trouble all day here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I keep getting a message that says service not available, which is not the case. Anyone else?
    Pilottreo1
    Wrong forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94558

Mod Edit---- Now moved to the proper forum.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 08/29/2005 at 07:37 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    see my post in insertions post and my signature.
  11.    #11  
    Mine is still down in Plano (since 9:30 this AM)
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Voice and Data were down for me here in Plano till about 11:00 this morning. At that point the phone appeared to be forced a reprovision. I went with it and all is fine...for now.
    I believe these problems have been caused by Katrina. I most definitely do not have Vision and don't expect to any time soon....
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I just talked with a Sprint 'technician' (not sure what department, but she was very helpful). First off they did confirm it is related to the hurricane. Apparently my HAs were set such that they were both on the same subnet, which kind of defeats the purpose of having multiple HAs. They changed one of them to another address and that solved my problem. Apparently the HA that is having problems is 68.28.185.76, so if that is your primary then calling and having them change it may fix your problem (which ever department it was it was definitely a level 2 tech who did it).
  15.    #15  
    mine is still down....supposedly half of their switches are under water.
    In San Francisco, my Sprint service is trying to update the phone. The Phone Updater window has been stuck on a message that says: "Preparing Vision services." for over 30 minutes. When I cancel, reset and attempt to use Vision services, the Phone Updater starts all over again. I assume this is related to the nation-wide Sprint issues of this thread. Anyone else getting this?
    I'm FL and haven't been able to logon to vision all day...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie
    I just talked with a Sprint 'technician' (not sure what department, but she was very helpful). First off they did confirm it is related to the hurricane. Apparently my HAs were set such that they were both on the same subnet, which kind of defeats the purpose of having multiple HAs. They changed one of them to another address and that solved my problem. Apparently the HA that is having problems is 68.28.185.76, so if that is your primary then calling and having them change it may fix your problem (which ever department it was it was definitely a level 2 tech who did it).

great post...I called in and changed my secondary HA from

to

you can do this yourself but you need your msl code (master subsidy lock)

the setting are accessed by dialing ##3282(DATA) from the phone application, select modify, enter MSL, alter secondaery HA, select OK and connect.

hope it helps someone.
    My vision quit working on Saturday, so I'm not sure how much of a problem this was from the storms. I think they are just using that as a bullcrap story so that they don't have to refund people their money because it was a "natural disaster".

According to the tech support person I talked to (after being transfured 4 times) there is a bug in the software. According to the person I talked too Sprint knew about the bug but did not know exactly where it was causing the problems. Now they know where its at, and they are trying to fix it.

So the storm thing is a load of BS, the storm might be effecting it now, but it sure was not effecting it on Saturday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast