1.    #1  
    I'm dealing with the fact that my treo 600 uses data to send a picture message. This is robbery by Verizon in my opinion..... but.... I guess I'll deal with it. The only reason I'd use a data plan is for sending pictures. Does anyone know if the 10meg plan will be enough for sending a few pics a month?

Its completely rediculous that I pay $5 for unlimited txt and pix PLUS now I have to pay $25 for data... There should be something illegal for Verizon charging me twice for the same service.
    What is the average kb of the pictures that you send?

50kb=200 pictures
    100kb=100 pictures
    500kb= 20 pictures
    1mb = 10 pictures

If they are pics taken with the Treo 600, I would guess you are in the 200 range with a 10mb plan, if that is all you use it for. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/29/2005 at 01:29 PM.
    If you can send them via email to other people or yourself, that would be cheaper than using mms.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    If you can send them via email to other people or yourself, that would be cheaper than using mms.
    Why would that be cheaper? I still have to log on, on my phone, and send the same size picture.... besides that, it just kinda kills the point of a picture message... I shouldn't have to worry about Data plans, and kb and email. Its usually some dopy picture that gets a quick laugh... I shouldnt have to spend more than $5 for pix and txt
    It's cheaper in that you don't have to sign up for pix package ( or 25 cents per picture) in addition to the data charges.
    email = data charges
    pix msging = data charges + pix charge
    I'm begining to find the double-dipping on these pix messages a little irritating. Fortunately, it hasn't caused me to go over on my pix plan or data plan.....yet.

Go a minute over and you get a nice charge; pay your bill late and get a nice charge; yet they still haven't fixed the double-dipping on pix messages?

They show up as sent pix messages upon doing the #DATA, so I know VZW can distinguish them.

To VZW's defense, I'm almost certain they would credit a customer if this caused increased charges.

I'm dissapointed that they haven't fixed this by now!!

-jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
  7.    #7  
    They did credit me the overage amount, but upon speaking to Verizon about 12 times in the past week, I discovered my bill will be huge again this month. And again they said they'd credit it. Who wants to deal with though? Its bad enough they hit you with random charges left and right.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    I'm begining to find the double-dipping on these pix messages a little irritating. Fortunately, it hasn't caused me to go over on my pix plan or data plan.....yet.

Go a minute over and you get a nice charge; pay your bill late and get a nice charge; yet they still haven't fixed the double-dipping on pix messages?

They show up as sent pix messages upon doing the #DATA, so I know VZW can distinguish them.

To VZW's defense, I'm almost certain they would credit a customer if this caused increased charges.

I'm dissapointed that they haven't fixed this by now!!

-jeff