Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I believe I saw it on Engadget. Consider it a rumor. There have also been postings on sprintusers.com that referred to that pricing.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    wonder if the rumor means $30 for first device, then each device is piggybacked at $5, or slightly similar, like they have now. although i think now it's $10 or $7.50 per device with new pricing plans
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    According to our Verizon rep, $60/month EVDO rate requires a 2-year contract as well as a VZW phone account for consumers. At the business level, everything is negotiable in large contracts for all carriers of course.
    I found out today my $80/mo EVDO rate will be $60/mo beginning with the next billing cycle. That's with 2 months left on my 2 year account. The CSR told be they're doing this with all the existing accounts - with no contract change. Thanks Verizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    I found out today my $80/mo EVDO rate will be $60/mo beginning with the next billing cycle. That's with 2 months left on my 2 year account. The CSR told be they're doing this with all the existing accounts - with no contract change. Thanks Verizon!
    That's awesome. I have a feeling that I'll be switching to Verizon sometime soon. Sprint may be cheaper, but you pay for it with some awful customer support. I wish there were more than just 2 CDMA carriers (at least nationwide ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    That rep is behind the times. Sprint has officially rolled out EVDO in several markets. I've been using Sprint's EVDO since June. The conservative marketing speed for EVDO is 300-500Kbit/sec but I typically get 800K-1MB and peaks to 1.6MBits/sec. Bandwidth is great but latency is still not all that great, averaging 200-400ms (both Sprint/Verizon EVDO). The next release of EVDO will supposedly improve latency.

Sprint's new standard pricing will supposedly come out Sept 1, according to our rep, who is based out of the HQ.

According to our Verizon rep, $60/month EVDO rate requires a 2-year contract as well as a VZW phone account for consumers. At the business level, everything is negotiable in large contracts for all carriers of course.
    Not exactly a price war yet, Sprint still shows 79.99 for unlimited data. This was verified through Sprint's new website on 9-1
    any chance evdo can avg 4 - 5 mbits/sec? if it does, i'd drop my cable modem in a heartbeat...
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    Not exactly a price war yet, Sprint still shows 79.99 for unlimited data. This was verified through Sprint's new website on 9-1
    Update: now showing at 59.99 with qualifying voice plan.
  8.    #28  
    ^and it looks like Sprint is now offering a free EVDO laptop card with 2-year contract. Go for the Novatel Merlin card, it performs consistently better than the Sierra card.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12