1.    #1  
    My contract is over in November with VZW and was just thinking about Sprint. I thought they would be cheaper all around but....

800 minutes at Sprint = $70.00

and 700 minutes at VZW = $69.99

Both quotes are for family plans...and even though Sprint has 800 minutes apposed to VZW 700 minutes, they're both pretty much the same for me (in the past 4 years, we've gone over our VZW minutes once). Yes, they are on Par with each other...I just expected Sprint to be much cheaper since their data plan is 1/4 the cost of VZW. Hmm...go figure.
    The data plan is where you save. . . . . for every $10 monthly saved there is $120 a year. . . .
    and i think the Sprint plan is "fair and flexible" which is $5 for every 100 minutes over the 800, plus you get 2nd and 3rd lines at $10/mo - turns out to be pretty reasonable unless you really rack up the minutes - and if you have multiple phones w/ data it's a big difference
    Yeah, anything over 700 minutes and Verizon will hit you with from 40 to 50 cents per minute (not sure on that one). Even adding the Fair and Flexible America it still makes it cheaper than Verizon without worrying about ridiculous overages. As a package the data price does blow away Verizon and with our Treos EV-DO availability on Verizon is irrelevant since they can't use it.
    I'm showing 1400 anytime minutes and unlmited nights/weekends with Sprint for $80/month, but that could be for the market I'm in.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The data plan is where you save. . . . . for every $10 monthly saved there is $120 a year. . . .
    Michigan Math Wizard
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Michigan Math Wizard
    I went for therapy, but it remains an issue . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...022#post789022
    Can you please explain how you were able to figure that out without using yout fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Can you please explain how you were able to figure that out without using yout fingers.
    LOTS OF TOES !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    LOTS OF TOES !!
    More then 10??
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    My contract is over in November with VZW and was just thinking about Sprint. I thought they would be cheaper all around but....

Both quotes are for family plans...and even though Sprint has 800 minutes apposed to VZW 700 minutes, they're both pretty much the same for me (in the past 4 years, we've gone over our VZW minutes once). Yes, they are on Par with each other...I just expected Sprint to be much cheaper since their data plan is 1/4 the cost of VZW. Hmm...go figure.
    Now back to our regular programing on this thread . . . .
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I'm showing 1400 anytime minutes and unlmited nights/weekends with Sprint for $80/month, but that could be for the market I'm in.

Must be a local market thing because I went back and re-checked just to make sure I didn't screw up....and it's the same prices I listed above. Maybe they'll come down with a promotional offer for Xmas.
    Our 2-year family plan (2-phones) with VZ is up in November. I talked to both Sprint (store rep) and VZ (phone cs) regarding their current plans. Here’s what I got:
    Minutes/month: VZ 700; Sprint 800
    Overage/minute: VZ $0.45; Sprint $0.05
    Monthly $ with 50 state roaming: VZ $69.99; Sprint $85.00
    Insurance (water damage included): VZ $6.00; Sprint $5.00
    Data Plan $/month: VZ $45.00; Sprint $15.00
    Activation $: VZ $0.00 (current customer); Sprint $36.00
    Cost of Treo 650 (2 yr contract): VZ $399.00; Sprint $349

What this tells me is to go with VZ if I have no plans to use my phone for retrieving emails or using the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCIM1124
    Our 2-year family plan (2-phones) with VZ is up in November. I talked to both Sprint (store rep) and VZ (phone cs) regarding their current plans. Here’s what I got:
    Minutes/month: VZ 700; Sprint 800
    Overage/minute: VZ $0.45; Sprint $0.05
    Monthly $ with 50 state roaming: VZ $69.99; Sprint $85.00
    Insurance (water damage included): VZ $6.00; Sprint $5.00
    Data Plan $/month: VZ $45.00; Sprint $15.00
    Activation $: VZ $0.00 (current customer); Sprint $36.00
    Cost of Treo 650 (2 yr contract): VZ $399.00; Sprint $349

What this tells me is to go with VZ if I have no plans to use my phone for retrieving emails or using the internet.
    Why buy the Treo if you arent going to use all of its functions??
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM

I agree. However Sprint's plans IMO have always been much more competitive in the larger monthly rate plans. If you compare those with data options, I think you'll find they are by far the best deal out there...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Clairegrrl,

I'm not a road warrior (not being on the road for 2-3 days), so I don't need to be retreiving emails, etc. As a property manager it is important for me, while out in the field, to make appts and notes to later sync to my desktop. Also having easy access to all my contacts (tenants, vendors, etc.) is very important.

That said, I probably could be convinced to get the data feature which is only $15 per month.