1.    #1  
    Just got my first bill after adding my 650. They had mistakenly added a data plan to my wife's non-treo phone. So I called CS. The agent had to get some help from his tech support, but they credited the data plus taxes to my bill. It was done instantly - no "Pay us now, and we'll give you a credit later busniess." I logged into my account online, and it was exactly like he said. Has VZW turned over a new leaf?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Quote Originally Posted by pheath
    Just got my first bill after adding my 650. They had mistakenly added a data plan to my wife's non-treo phone. So I called CS. The agent had to get some help from his tech support, but they credited the data plus taxes to my bill. It was done instantly - no "Pay us now, and we'll give you a credit later busniess." I logged into my account online, and it was exactly like he said. Has VZW turned over a new leaf?
    No. No they haven't.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by pheath
    Has VZW turned over a new leaf?
    Nope - that's the same service I've gotten from them since they were BellAtlantic here in DC over 10 years ago.
    You were just lucky. I changed my long distance service to Verizon a few months ago. What a mistake. They did weird things like connect me to DSL service and sent me the equipment for that, despite the fact I NEVER ordered DSL service. For several months my old carrier continued to bill me because they never got the appropriate order from Verizon to stop my old service. My bills continue to be screwed up. Last week, the phone was not working. When we called to complain, they said it was a repair problem. The repair man did not show when he was suppose to. When he did show, he told us that it was not a problem with our wire, instead Verizon disconnected our telephone service for no apparent reason. Etc., Etc. A nightmare! Consider yourself lucky.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    When did VZW start offering DSL service? Are you confusing Verizon's landline service with Verizon Wireless service? They use two unrelated customer service centers. This thread was referring to the wireless phone service. Don't be fooled by the fact they both use the Verizon logo - it's like assuming all Visa cards are the same.

And definitely don't use Verizon's DSL service. I went to their web site to check it out, and using their own tool that compares them to other broadband providers ( here ) and I found out my Earthlink DSL service trumps Verizon's across the board. Nice of them to confirm my decision for me like that. I'd call that a pretty good (unintended) service!
    You are correct. I confused the two. I was talking about the landline service.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    I had a similiar experience when I got my Treo. I got unlimited data and it ws being charged as minutes on my phone. I told them, they saw the mistake, credited me more than I thought they should have, and it was fixed immediately. They also made a mistake on my wife's phone. One phone call and it was just as quickly corrected. Now that I also have their customer service on speed dial and I get to a person quickly, I can't find anything to complain about. Hope it stays this way.