Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hello,
    i spoke with a verizon person this afternoon - 11/2 hrs. confirmed the on termination fees. question: can i transfer my phone number to another company? can my husband open a new verizon acct and transfer my numbers?

thanks, i would like to ge the 650 with a new contract.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Is October 1 the first day you can get out or the last day to get out? Just curious...
    I believe Sept. 30 would be the last day. If you are still using your phone on Oct 1 you are agreeing to the new T&C.
    I know this is a bit old, but I think you people are missing a point.

If it were me, I'd get out regardless. THEN, sign up fresh month-to-month for same fees. The only down side might be that you may not get the same phone number, but the upside is that since you are now month-to-month you can ditch any time you want, poised for the next Treo release!

It's also possible that someone could sign up anticipating this sort of thing, get a Treo 650 at a discount because they commit to a 2-year plan, then use that exit clause to get back out of that commitment.

Maybe I should change my handle to schemer.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    In lue of leaving Verizon, has anyone had any luck with getting Verizon to give you a discount on a 650?
    i wanted to get a motorola 815, and just use my 600 as a pda. They would not give me a discount, even after I said I would leave... I tihnk you might have better luck actually calling the termination department.
    Fantastic!! I'm outta VZW's world and heading towards Sprint. Here's to a better data plan!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks
    I'm seriously thinking of dropping Verizon and going with Sprint, especially now that Sprint has all incoming calls free!!!

Is that true? All incoming calls free? How do I get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Is that true? All incoming calls free? How do I get that?
    http://www.sprint.com/personal/wirel...romo3_FI_Plans

I just called Verizon and terminated my contract. Went on month to month with no change in calling plan and didn't have to cancel my numbers and change them. The only problem for me is I'm still stuck with them because my 650 & wife's 600 won't work on anyone elses service and I'm certainly not going to pay that kind of money again so soon as we just got these phones in May & June.
    My wife just called VZW to try this and was told they would credit her account the amount of the new fee for the remainder of her contract, and they said because they were willing to do this she WOULD be liable for the ETF if she cancelled.

I guess that is a rational response on their part -- why lose a customer, or let them out of a $175 fee, over 40 cents a month.

So --apparently this does not work for everybody. She might try calling again to see if she gets a different answer.
    Here's a thread on Howardforums with the latest developments on this....

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6&page=1&pp=15
    When I called this morning the woman only asked me what she could do to change my mind. Well, not being able to see her I said nothing, I would just like my contracts ended and just stay on the same plan for month to month and she said "no problem". At first she thought I might have a problem with the free off peak, but then asked someone and then said there would be no problem. I agree, the $10 credit for each account would've been better for them as we just resigned for two years in May and June.
    I opted out of paper bills and don't see the notification in my online statement. Can anyone who uses online statements point me in the right direction? I'd like to go month-to-month, as I'm not even 1 yr into my 2yr agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    I opted out of paper bills and don't see the notification in my online statement. Can anyone who uses online statements point me in the right direction? I'd like to go month-to-month, as I'm not even 1 yr into my 2yr agreement.
    At the bottom of your login page you will see a link to "customer agreement". This gives you the right to get out of your contract if they change any terms, which they are starting tomorrow. So you have to call today. 800-922-0204. After putting in your phone number hit option 0, then option 4.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/g...rAgreement.jsp
    Thanks. One more question. Has anyone been able to keep their service with VZW, with no changes, but on month-to-month?

I *just* saw this thread and have frantically been reading it and the similar ones on AT, FW, HF, etc. They're so full of mixed reviews. Some say you can do MTM, others say cancellation only.

I'd like to do more research, but since I just saw the thread I'm short on time.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Smith
    My wife just called VZW to try this and was told they would credit her account the amount of the new fee for the remainder of her contract, and they said because they were willing to do this she WOULD be liable for the ETF if she cancelled.

I guess that is a rational response on their part -- why lose a customer, or let them out of a $175 fee, over 40 cents a month.

So --apparently this does not work for everybody. She might try calling again to see if she gets a different answer.
    I had to argue with the sales representative's supervisor, as he claimed the terms and agreement no longer allowed a customer to cancel out, but I still managed to win him over and was granted the ability to cancel my service without any fee. Woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    Thanks. One more question. Has anyone been able to keep their service with VZW, with no changes, but on month-to-month?

I *just* saw this thread and have frantically been reading it and the similar ones on AT, FW, HF, etc. They're so full of mixed reviews. Some say you can do MTM, others say cancellation only.

I'd like to do more research, but since I just saw the thread I'm short on time.

Thanks!
    Sorry, I guess I'm kind of late, but I just saw this post (I'm not good at keeping track of the posts I respond in). I cancelled three contracts and yes, I'm still with them on the same plan but month to month.
    i canceled or ported my number on the 29th of october and i told them that i wasnt happy with the fees. read them the quote, they put me on hold, and she just said to have a copy of the quote and bring it into the store to get the fees waived.

so im going to try to bring in the paper and see what happens, wish me luck.
    Last edited by xpsonic; 10/07/2005 at 02:57 AM.
    I got out w/o paying the $175 fee! yay! anyone else?
    Trying to get out right now. They offered me a $.40 monthly fee refund. BS. I'm gettting connected to a supervisor.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast