1.    #1  
    Hey,

So, my treo can't make calls while roaming due to 'unable to authenticate' and sprint can't fix it, so we end up changing my phone number to fix it, and that works at least, so good.

Then I discover that I no longer have my vision professional pack with business connection for $15, it was changed to a pictures pack.

To get professional pack back, I now need to pay $30!.

Is there any other way to get business connection, other then with the professional pack?

and what are the vision pack otions these days?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This bull crap! Here is what you need to do! Don't talk to their call center they are trained to tell you things like we don't offer that any more! BUT THEY CAN! I worked for sprint and we can back date our computers to find older deals.

So Call the Retention Line at 866-207-7913 This is direct to corporate and tell them you are upset and that you are going to cancel if you don't get what you want. Also tell them all the time and money you have spent in trying to fix the problem (This will get you some bonus minutes).

Good Luck, I have been there, I have a 5 year old Vision Plan and I am paying $5 for vision and they always try to get me off it. This works every time!
  3.    #3  
    well I can't really threaten to cancel since I am within my 2 years and will get $150 fine.

But get this, they tried to reset my 2 years because my phone number changed.

At least with that, they say I'll get a letter saying the web site is wrong and my original 2 year expiration is correct.
    I want to hear more about this can't authenticate problem. I am getting that too when on the Verizon network. What else did they try to do? Was the phone number a last resort? I had ported my number from Verizon to begin with but I didn't think that mattered as my wife also has a Sprint Treo 650 and didn't have the authenticate problem in the exact same place I was. Any more advice on this? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  5.    #5  
    yea. it happened when i was roaming to a verizon tower. got a message from verizon that they can't authenticate my phone.

Tried PRl updates, authentication overrides (apparently these work for some people but not for me). Changing phone numbers was a last resort, but worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loch
    well I can't really threaten to cancel since I am within my 2 years and will get $150 fine.

But get this, they tried to reset my 2 years because my phone number changed.

At least with that, they say I'll get a letter saying the web site is wrong and my original 2 year expiration is correct.

Trust me, I just resigned my 2 year contract and I threaten to cancel all the time! You can do it know it just be bold with them and the retention line is setup to help you make your own plan!

You can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by loch
    yea. it happened when i was roaming to a verizon tower. got a message from verizon that they can't authenticate my phone.

Tried PRl updates, authentication overrides (apparently these work for some people but not for me). Changing phone numbers was a last resort, but worked like a charm.
    Did they do anything for you like let your old number forward to the new one or leave a message on the old one saying that the number changed? My phone number is very similar to my wife's and so many people have it which would make changing it very difficult.

Why did changing the number work? Also, which department did you deal with? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  8.    #8  
    I didn't ask for any of that stuff as its a very limited set of people who have my number and it was easy to notify them

The problem has something to do with info on your phone transmitted among the carriers. Changing the phone number sort of forces an update of all that info.

I spoke with both customer service and tech support. cust service changed the number.
    I have now been on hold with Sprint for over an hour and am getting nowhere! Tech support can't find my old ticket and said I now need to wait another 51 hours for them to (maybe) call me back. Retention told me to call Verizon. What a joke!!!!

So I am asking Retention to give me a new number so I can test but reserve my old number and program it so that when people call my old number, it will forward to my new one. Apparantly, this is a huge issue and can't be done because the number, although reserved, will not be active. They can put a recording on my old number that the number has changed.

I am so upset that I need to change my number - there must be a better way (???).

Any more info on this. I'm in DC and getting on my Sprint Treo 650 the message "VZ Wirelesss can't authenticate"
    Have you tried the options listed above?