Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 650 about two weeks ago. I am having signal issues that I did not have with my previous phone (LG Flip phone) Has anyone that has exchanged their treo for a new one gotten better strength with a new unit. Let me know, the dropped calls are a bit annoying. Thanks
    I am in the same boat as you. I have been back to Verizon 3X for this and they just give me the same old crap about my area. I never had any problems with other phones, just the Treo's. Funny thing is I am only 3min from their store. I am on my second 650 and had the same problem with the 2 600's I had previously.

Now I read a thread here that someone had the same issues until they got a new 650 with REV B hardware. I left a question on that thread to see if anyone else had signal issues with REV A hardware and this cleared up after exchanging for a REV B phone.
    Same boat here too. I commute via Amtrak Acela NYC-D.C. 1-2 times per week and have trouble with dropped calls around Baltimore usually. Others keep chatting away next to me. I am on VZW.

Also my brother just returned his Treo 600 to VZW. He lives in S. NH and works sales on the road. He could not get his work done because of the dropped calls.

Finally this past weekend I was camping in VT near Mt Snow. My buddies could make calls on VZW but not me. No wonder it took Verizon so long to pick up the Treo line and now you all are saying the 650 is no better. I am hoping that my next Treo (700?) will see some improvement.
    Is it possible that you guys had TRI-MODE phones before going to either the Treo 600 or 650?
    Not in the same boat. Every phone I've used over the years has increasingly gotten better as far as signal strength and clarity.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I've never heard of the REV B phone. I've got 'Hardware A'. Is there a way to upgrade this without changing phones? Is Verizon exchanging the phones? I have dropped calls constantly, and I'm in an area where I NEVER dropped calls with my Kyocera 7135.
    Here is the thread I read about the REV B hardware.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&highlight=rev
    it's my understanding that many of the verizon phones are both digital and analog capable - but that the verizon treos are only digital capable. hence, in certain areas where digital coverage is not strong, you don't have analog to fall back on.
    gshamus and mack - what city/state are you guys in?
    Quote Originally Posted by MackIII
    Here is the thread I read about the REV B hardware.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&highlight=rev
    There is nothing in any threads that actually tells what the difference in A & B are. Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    gshamus and mack - what city/state are you guys in?
    St. Louis County/Missouri
    it's my understanding that many of the verizon phones are both digital and analog capable - but that the verizon treos are only digital capable. hence, in certain areas where digital coverage is not strong, you don't have analog to fall back on.
    You may be onto something. I will have to talk to a service tech about this.
  13.    #13  
    I am in the Detroit area, just drove the Ohio Turnpike to Pittsburgh and had a terrible time with coverage. Really never got over 2 bars. It is frustrating for a phone that is as expensive as teh 650. My LG phone before was only like $25 after my discount and it never ever lost calls and I used it all over the country.
    To all who are having problems with their Verizon Treo -

1. Are you using REV "A" or "B" hardware?
    2. Have you installed the latest software update for Verizon Treos - "Updater 1.03"

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

Part of the 1.03 Updater has an "Internal settings modification to allow correct access to Verizon Wireless roaming partner networks" which may help your coverage.
    Last edited by Gekko; 08/16/2005 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gshamus
    I am in the Detroit area, just drove the Ohio Turnpike to Pittsburgh and had a terrible time with coverage. Really never got over 2 bars. It is frustrating for a phone that is as expensive as teh 650. My LG phone before was only like $25 after my discount and it never ever lost calls and I used it all over the country.
    I usually get 2, three or 4 bars in the Detroit area. I've never not had coverage here....but there are some areas...inside buildings...where strength drops down to 1 bar.

I think the big issue is the lack of analog support. There are a lot of areas I've traveled where the only coverage I got was analog. Those will be dead zones now.
    I have updated my 650 with the lastest Verizon software (1.03) and still a no go on good reception and staying connected
    I have updated my 650 with the lastest Verizon software (1.03) and still a no go on good reception and staying connected
    Mack - REV A or REV B Hardware?
    Mack - REV A or REV B Hardware?

I have Rev A
    I have Rev A
    mack - if i was you, especially since you only live 3 minutes away from a vzw store, i'd exchange my treo for a REV B replacement. if you do, please let us know if it's better.

Good luck.
    Rev B, updated version 1.03, and lousy reception compared to my Motorolas - V60S (with extendable antenna) and my 710.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast