Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jay - city/state? i bet your motorlas fell back on analog which the treo can not do.
    Rev B, v. 1.03, and lousy reception here, too. I don't think I've ever had more than three bars, and it's often zero or 1.

Don
    to all who post - please always also include your city/state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    to all who post - please always also include your city/state.
    How about you? I must've missed your post with that info. Where are you? I would love to see everyone put that info in their profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    How about you? I must've missed your post with that info. Where are you? I would love to see everyone put that info in their profile.
    I'm in the Northeast. The reason I'm asking for peoples' geographic areas is because I'm considering getting a Treo 650 between now and November and I'm slightly concerned about the lack of Tri-Mode (no Analog to fall back on). BUT I'm hoping that all the people with coverage problems are out there in the "sticks" (Everything in between NY and LA).
    I'm in the Northeast. The reason I'm asking for peoples' geographic areas is because I'm considering getting a Treo 650 between now and November and I'm slightly concerned about the lack of Tri-Mode (no Analog to fall back on). BUT I'm hoping that all the people with coverage problems are out there in the "sticks" (Everything in between NY and LA).
    I read that within the next year all towers and phones are required by law to be only digital. I'm taking this to mean that it won't matter what phone you get, the signals are going to be the same, so I say to go for it. That's one reason I bought the Treo knowing it was only digital as I loved having the analog/digital combo.
    Sorry folks...no problems here in the greater Boston area. I live 5 miles out of the city and never had had a problem. The only dropped calls I've experienced is when I first bought the bluetooth headset and was fooling around with the on/off button (user errors). I have friends that have Nextels and can't get a signal in my house, which I always laugh at. I've never experienced a signal problem with any VZW phone and don't expect any with the t650. Early versions of the 650 might have had problems...from what I'm reading here and on other discussion boards.
    I can also vouch that the V710's reception is much better than the 650's, even when they are both on the same digital tower. A tech support person told me that it's primarily due to the V710's extendable antenna, but even with the antenna down, the reception is still better. My wife has the Moto V710, so I've been able to do some side-by-side comparisons.

I also agree that many of the bad reception issues are due to people being used to having tri-mode phones which include analog ability. Before my 650, I had a Moto T720 (and a Palm, of course ) and I was suprised at how often the little "A" icon was on the screen (notating analog), and I don't live "in the middle of nowhere".

Someone once said, "you can't have it all".

-jeff
    West Michigan
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    I read that within the next year all towers and phones are required by law to be only digital. I'm taking this to mean that it won't matter what phone you get, the signals are going to be the same, so I say to go for it. That's one reason I bought the Treo knowing it was only digital as I loved having the analog/digital combo.
    it's my understanding that it's not that the carriers are required by law to go digital - it's that the law will then allow carriers to turn off the analog signal if they so choose. which carriers do that and when is the question.
    it's my understanding that it's not that the carriers are required by law to go digital - it's that the law will then allow carriers to turn off the analog signal if they so choose. which carriers do that and when is the question.
    That's verrrrrry interesting......and scary. (thought I was going to say stupid? That would show your age.
    That's verrrrrry interesting......and scary. (thought I was going to say stupid? That would show your age.
    According to current timelines set up by the FCC, wireless companies can phase out analog service by 2008.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/0...ell.phones.ap/
    jay - city/state? i bet your motorlas fell back on analog which the treo can not do.
    Port Washington, N.Y. - northwestern Nassau county. With my previous motorolas, I almost never had a dropped call (V60S, 710)
    I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and NEVER ever dropped a call or had poor reception with my cheapo samsung a650. With my new treo i just got last week, with revision B hardware and 1.03 firmware, it still sucks. I get only 1-2 bars, but it doesnt drop calls. Instead they get so static ridden, it makes it annoying to even talk on the phone. There has to be something messed up with these phones that they should be able to fix.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12