Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Woohoo first post!

First of all, thanks to everyone on this site for all of the valuable info. It's one of the reasons I got a Treo.

So after alot of research I decided to go with Sprint. I read about the bad service and horrible customer service stories but couldn't pass up the cheap data charges. I got the phone for $400 from a Sprint store and 1/2 off the first month bill. Not the best deal but I'm impatient and really wanted this baby!

Everything was going well until I tried to browse the web yesterday and got a message that I should call customer service because I may owe them money. Anywho, turns out I didn't get the Vision service added and therefore had about $350 of data charges (in 2 weeks!).

So I call in and the guy says "ok, I see that you owe $600 on your account, how would you like to pay?". So I tell him I'm calling to dispute the charges and he says "will that be visa or mastercard?". Hahaha what a bonehead.

Anyway, to make a long story short they agreed to credit the charges back and they added unlimited Vision. They actually said it was the picture pack but with unlimited internet so hopefully that's correct.

So far they haven't actually credited me because they said some mumbo jumbo about the billing cycle. But I'm going to be sure I get credit or else I'm taking this sucker back. We get 30 days in California

Other than that my service has been decent (not as good at t-mo). I love this thing!

-james
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesaru
    Anyway, to make a long story short they agreed to credit the charges back and they added unlimited Vision. They actually said it was the picture pack but with unlimited internet so hopefully that's correct.
    Welcome!

Yup, the Vision picture pack is correct -- it provides unlimited Internet and allows you to email photos & videos at no additional charge.

Sorry to hear about the run up in data charges. Since you bought the phone at a Sprint store, the rep really should have mentioned getting Vision when you bought your phone. Glad to hear Sprint agreed to reverse the charges.

Enjoy your Treo, it really is a great device!
    Might want to verify the 30 days. I read recently that the law that allowed that was struck down and Sprint only allows 14 days now.

You might want to check out:

www.sprintusers.com
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies and welcomes! This is a cool place.

And thanks for the link. I've seen others mention it but haven't checked it out yet. I hope after these charges get cleared I never have to contact them again.

-james