1.    #1  
    Although with the 600 you could send MMS messages without using data, now in order to use MMS, you have to have some sort of data usage through Verizon. I went with pay as you go, but what a scam. Not only do I have to pay to send a MMS messages, but have to pay then for the data. That is just ridiculous. This didn't happen on the 600.
    Contact Verizon billing. They're not supposed to bill you for both data and $.25 picture mail.
    Even though Vzn charges you out the wazoo for data.... with an unlimited data plan... don't they still charge you per MMS and SMS message? It sounds totally unfair since they are charging more than a Saudi Sheik does for a gallon of regular for the supposed "unlimited" data.... and both MMS and SMS messages are indeed data- but isn't that how it works anyway? Despite biting the bullet and getting their unlimited data plan for a lot more than others charge, I was still charged for a couple of MMS and SMS messages I sent. Ironically, even though my wife's picturephone (not a treo) was on a plan that supposedly includes SMS & MMS, she was charged too, though not as much. wierd.

I would hope thay'd drop that charge and make unlimited really unlimited for MMS and SMS too- but I won't hold my breath. If you have evidence I can use to get them to reverse ther charges, that would be great... I'd send more SMs and MMS messages, instead of having to use AOL on versamail to send attatchments of photos, etc.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    Contact Verizon billing. They're not supposed to bill you for both data and $.25 picture mail.

I got the info from a verizon rep.

This does not apply for SMS messages, those you only pay for the message, not the data. But for MMS messages they charge you twice. Having a dial plan didn't help, the MMS messages wouldn't send. It is robbery!!!!!!!!!!
    SMS is not data, so you will not be charged data usage sending those. MMS is data, however, the only reason they charge you on your standard data plan AND for sending the message ($.25) is because they have no way of determining which data usage came from the MMS.

If you are really concerned about the data usage being charged also just call them and have them credit you a few bucks every month. They'll do it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by airoid
    SMS is not data, so you will not be charged data usage sending those. MMS is data, however, the only reason they charge you on your standard data plan AND for sending the message ($.25) is because they have no way of determining which data usage came from the MMS.

If you are really concerned about the data usage being charged also just call them and have them credit you a few bucks every month. They'll do it.
    Why did this not happen with the 600?

Anyone have the unlimited picture messaging and no data plan? Does it go through? I don't have the unlimited pic and sms plan.