Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Through several ups 'n' downs with Sprint, my overall satisfaction couldn't be much better.

Yes, I've had two Treo 300's and 4 Treo 600's, but it's not Sprint's fault that PalmOne's products are faulty. For the most part, Sprint has always given me in-warranty replacements without much h***le. Sometimes I've had to play the call-back-until-you-get-someone-that-will-replace-your-phone-over-the-phone game, but I've always been able to get 'er done.

In short, there are two reasons why I am a Sprint customer for life.

1) Look at my signature file which is my current service plan. Personally, I think it simply CANNOT be beat w/o having some sort of employee discount.

2) My 600 broke yesterday (speakerphone died and the screen is never calibrated correctly for use with the stylus). Sprint sent me a brand new 650 via UPS Next Day Saver with no problems. This was done with the first operator I spoke to.

Now granted, they sent me a 650 w/o a camera, but a simple phone call resolved that and my 650 with a camera will be here tomorrow morning.

Personally, Sprint can't be beat.

-Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    Look at my signature file which is my current service plan. Personally, I think it simply CANNOT be beat w/o having some sort of employee discount.
    I can beat that. Take everything you have (on the bottom line) but instead of 750 A/T min. I have 2K A/T min. for the same rate. (been with them a long, long time)

And yer right! Sprint Rocks!
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/10/2005 at 06:23 PM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Count yourself lucky. You got treated right AND you do have a pretty cheap plan.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    I have been with them for about 3.5 years now. I NEVER go over 750 minutes, but if I do, I know the free phone call hack (if it still exists... haven't used it in months).
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I left Sprint a long time ago. Customer service was crap and they overcharged me not once, but twice. I was a high-volume customer (rate plan $150+/month) and one of the first to pay $250 for a StarTAC.

Seeing their extensive QA process for the Treo 650 (compared with my piece o' sheyat Unlocked GSM version) makes me almost give them another chance.

Almost.
    lindros... you should give them another try. I left Sprint over 5 years ago for Verizon because the customer service sucked and the coverage wasn't as good as Verizon. I recently left Verizon for Sprint. Verizon's customer service is still pretty good for a cell phone company but their prices are getting too steep. I am happy to say that the Service I have received from Sprint has been excellent... better than Verizon. Sprint has definitely worked on their customer care.
    Sprint rocks, I left cingular in february to go to sprint for the treo 650, it was worth my while. They have the cheapest data plans, and great customer service. One problem I am having and don't know if I should contact sprint is a few of my keys are sticking "p" and turning the call button on or off and also the off button. Do you think sprint would replace this? I do have insurance through them. I love my sprint treo 650.
    2000 a/t for $45..not possible... maybe area wide.

OP how did you get a new 650?? Weren't you past the warranty period of the 600?
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    2000 a/t for $45..not possible... maybe area wide.
    I think I know what I have after all these years. But thanks anyway.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

which support number are you using for the replacement? my 600 recently broke and when i get back to the states later this month i need to get it replaced.
  11.    #11  
    (888) 788-4727

I was in my warranty period by 2 months, but the CSR claimed the warehouse is out of stock. My extreme good luck, I guess.

Funny, b4 she and I knew they were out of stock I specifically asked if they had any sort of trade-up policy.

Also, what does OP mean?

-Nick.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    I too was very skeptical about Sprint. I've had Verizon, Att, Cingular, then back to Att. I thought Att was the best carrier for me until I took a change with Sprint. Only reason I did was because Sprint had the 600 and no one else did at the time. I've heard bad things about Sprint service and coverage but I wanted the 600. Found the coverage to be better than Att and definitely Cingular. And to top it off after 10 months with Sprint and 4 replacement 600's, I was able to request the 650 as a 5th replacement no charge and 5% off my monthly bill.
    I dont know what planet you people are on but everytime i call sprint its a crap shoot. Most of the time i am connected to a non english speking cust service rep in india or some other country. They never help and dont know what they are talking about. The issue i had was that i have had a samsung a500 phone for 3 years and wanted the new instant rebate for upgrade. I was surprised they told me i was not eligible for an upgrade since I activated a treo 300 i bought on ebay for 50 dollars. I thought if you bought your own phone no new contract is initiated. I was duped somewhere along the line. They said i could get the rebate but only if i buy the phone at full price and submit a mail in rebate. Also i must buy vision for 15 dollars per month on the phone even though i dont need it. What a way to treat a customer.
    I have been a happy Sprint customer for years. I have no coverage issues and my Treo 650 (firmware 1.12) works flawlessly. I have 4 lines on a family-flex plan and we all share 800 minutes plus 2 of us have unlimited Vision and 2 phones are insured. Working for Bank Of America gets me a 23 percent discount so my bill ends up around $100 per month. Oh and I love being able to do the pcs-to-pcs without using minutes. I really think it's a very good plan. My unlimited vision is $10 and for another $5 I added it for my daughter. Can't beat that.
    theleetbeagle,
    what phone call hack are you talking about?
    How are you ppl getting these plans with 1000's of minutes for ~$50. are these local minutes only?
    How do you get vision for 10 instead for 15?

I pay $40 for 500 minutes (local and long distance) + 15 vision pro + 20 additional line.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    theleetbeagle,
    what phone call hack are you talking about?
    How are you ppl getting these plans with 1000's of minutes for ~$50. are these local minutes only?
    How do you get vision for 10 instead for 15?

I pay $40 for 500 minutes (local and long distance) + 15 vision pro + 20 additional line.
    I have had this plan (2k a/t min, local,&long unlimited data/txt msg etc.) since the bagphone days. As long as I renew, they honor the contract.

Thread Crapper

So it is an old plan no longer available to switch to! I see.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I have always had favorable service with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    (888) 788-4727

...Also, what does OP mean?

-Nick.
    OP = Original Poster (of this thread)
    The $15 Vision pack is the camera phone pack which enables picture mail. Get the $10 pack and drop the picture mail.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast