Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Q 1
    What is the free phone call hack?
    What is the free phone call hack
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I have had this plan (2k a/t min, local,&long unlimited data/txt msg etc.) since the bagphone days. As long as I renew, they honor the contract.
    Yeah i remember text messaging and data on those bag phones. That was as hoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Yeah i remember text messaging and data on those bag phones. That was as hoot.
    Don't be a goober!

Every time I renew, Sprint has some new features and products that I am usually able to talk them into giving me for free, if they want to keep me. My next renewel, I hope to talk them into Sprint TV.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have gotten to know the guys at my local Sprint store on a first name basis. I have found the more you really get to know someone, the easier it is to talk to them. Maybe that helps, I don't know. Maybe I'm just lucky.

However, one thing I AM NOT is a liar, and I don't appreciate the incinuation.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif

Unless your just doing a little rib jabbing. If that's the case, I'm over re-acting.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/12/2005 at 08:16 AM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Boy am I glad I read your post today. I recently had the fatal 'network search/no service' error on my 600. I went to the store and they agreed to send me a new phone next week -- they had none in stock. This will be my 4th phone and I have had the same problem every time. I had called sprint prior to going into the store and asked for the 650 but they said absolutely not.

Anyway, after reading your post I called today, told them that others have gotten the upgrade and after about 20-30 minutes of staying on hold while the rep talked to her supervisor they agreed to send me the 650.

Assuming I receive it and it is new as they stated, thanks for the post!

* Less learned from this experience: never take no for an answer.

1) when I first called Sprint I spoke to a customer retention rep and really tried to make a case for the 650 upgrade. She insisted that it could not be done. I threatened to leave sprint (with two phones we pay around $150 per month) and she still wouldn't budge. Said that it couldn't be done and they were willing to lose me. I even asked if they could give me a discount and she said they could not.

2) when I went into the store to just get a new 600 at first they said they wouldn't do it. Why? The screen had a crack in it. The reason for the crack is that when the 'network search' problem happened, I was in a car making a business call. After I was dropped and couldn't call them back they started calling me. I was able to see their call come in but when I would press the 'answer' button, nothing would happen. I kept on pressing it and pressing it and finally I probably pressed it too hard and the screen cracked. I kept on insisting that it only broke because of the problem with the service/phone and finally they gave in (only after I again said something to the effect 'do you really want to lose me as a customer over this').

Anyway, the point is that you need to stick to your guns and if you don't get the answer you think is fair, call again and speak to someone else.
    Last edited by scotrob11; 08/12/2005 at 11:32 AM.
  6.    #26  
    Make sure yours comes with q camera. Mine didn't and my "replacement" of a replacement is on backorder.

Anyhow, this 650 is freaking amazing. The screen in unparalleled.

-Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Not sure what q camera is (do you just mean 'a' camera). I did hear that some have no camera so I specifically asked asked and she assured me that it is new and will have a camera. Are there several types of cameras?

* Also, I assume that the new 650's have the updated firmware and can function as a modem for my laptop. Is this true? If so, is there a special cable that I need to purchase to get it to work with my laptop or does it work over bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add my two bits!

I have had the same experience, got my treo 650 for free from a 600. I have helped dozens of my friends do the same! I am so happy with Sprint, the recently offered me a 5% decrease in my bill for my long time loyalty to them.
  9.    #29  
    Yes, I simply meant "a camera."
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    The $15 Vision pack is the camera phone pack which enables picture mail. Get the $10 pack and drop the picture mail.
    I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to ask for the $5/mo of download credits to get dropped....instead of the pictures. At least that's what I asked for them to drop. I don't send any pictures to anybody else, so maybe that is what they dropped. Their Vision packages were worded so weird the last time I signed a contract (several months now).

Bottom line - call Sprint and ask them to charge you $10/mo for Vision, they can do it one way or another!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to ask for the $5/mo of download credits to get dropped....instead of the pictures.
    I agree -- the $10 Vision just removes the $5 download credit.

When I asked a Sprint rep about it, I just explained that I'd never use the download credit anyway. He changed my Vision package from $15 to $10 without removing any other Vision feature (except the download credit). It's still listed on my bill as PCS Vision Pictures Pack, only now it only costs $10.
    C'mon, you can't tease about a thing like that. What's the hack, dude?
    I don't think it exists otherwise it would have been mentioned by now!!

Are you really that pressed for extra minutes?? Start talkin' on a landline more often, or upgrade to a better plan...somethin'!! Jeezums, you act like people are just supposed to give you everything!!
    The free "hack" exists and it still works.

You must have free PCS to PCS on your plan. Dial any other sprint # but dial it with 11 in front of it. (I.E. 11517-XXX-XXXX) It can be any sprint subscriber EXCEPT your own. This takes you directly to their voicemail without ringing their phone.

Then in the extra digits on your Favorite button have YOUR PCS # programmed like so: ** 517-XXX-xxx,,7777 . or you can just enter them by hand. I have a Fav button named Free VM w/ this all preprogrammed.

The Stars are necessary the Commas may or may not be. The 7777 is where you put YOUR access code. This will take you to your own VM box. From there you can dial 8 and ANY call is seen by the system as PCS to PCS.

Hope this helps.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    "** 517-XXX-xxx,,7777 "

why the last 3 digits are only three x?? may be typo... and how do you the access code?? just to confirm this is only for sprint???
    It was a typo. should be **1517-xxx-xxxx,,0000
    The zeros represent your voicemail access #.

Yes only works on Sprint IF you have PCS to PCS.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Grrr... damn typo's

**517-XXX-XXXX,,0000
    Woah! I knew about the free voicemail hack, but I never saw anything about dialing 8 to dial any number. This is awesome.

I had to fool around with the ,'s and #'s a bit....but here's how mine is setup:

"11nnn-nnn-nnnn" (N's are any pcs phone number other than your own)

Then you press the "More" button, which leads you to Extra Digits:

"**,nnn-nnn-nnnn#,pppp#,,8" (N's are your phone number with P's being your passcode). And check Dial Extra Digits automatically (no sense in pressing it if you don't need to).

Then it'll ask you what number you wanna dial. SOO SIMPLE!!

Because of this thread...I REALLY LOVE SPRINT!!!
  19.    #39  
    Yeah, great - the more people that know about it, the more likely it is going to be removed.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy...SHEESH!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast