1.    #1  
    I'm not running anything on my 650 that would drain the battery, other than talking....what a concept for a phone. I disconnect Vision when I'm done. I don't check e-mail. I don't chat. I just talked for nine minutes and the power went from 98% to 88%. How do I dump my 1.12 and go back to 1.08? I'll deal with the dial delay, but this power sucking....sucks.
    Have you tried just hard resetting and THEN talking for 9 min??

If you're gonna go through all that trouble of going back to 1.08, you might as well hard reset with a full battery and call someone. If it still drains 10% in that one phone call, then search the forum instead of starting a new thread.
    how do you ensure that you disconnect from vision when you are done with the web??
    Menu>System>Prefs>Network>Disconnect
    I had the same thing happen on my GSM phone, two weeks after I updated to the latest firmware. Just one day it started draining 2-3 times faster than normal.

I disabled EVERYTHING that runs in the background, moved them to SD card so they wouldn't run, did a soft reset, and watched the battery. Problem disapeared. Moved them all back into ram and re-enabled them one at a time, then did a soft reset when they were all back, and watched the battery. Problem was still gone. And a week later it's still good.

Something is conflicting.. Unless you're not running ANYTHING in the background you can't say it's the phone firmware. I bet if you did a hard reset and didn't reinstall any applications it'd be fine. Or do what I did, it's much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Or do what I did, it's much easier.
    That's A TON easier. I'll have to remember that for future battery drain converts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve3590
    I'm not running anything on my 650 that would drain the battery, other than talking....what a concept for a phone. I disconnect Vision when I'm done. I don't check e-mail. I don't chat. I just talked for nine minutes and the power went from 98% to 88%. How do I dump my 1.12 and go back to 1.08? I'll deal with the dial delay, but this power sucking....sucks.
    I've been able to revert back to 1.08 from 1.12 by reflashing to a 1.08 custom ROM then hard reset. I can then run the 1.08 updater from Sprint. 1.08 definitely does not have the battery drain issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I've been able to revert back to 1.08 from 1.12 by reflashing to a 1.08 custom ROM then hard reset. I can then run the 1.08 updater from Sprint. 1.08 definitely does not have the battery drain issue.
    Did you try khaytsus' suggestion??
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I had the same thing happen on my GSM phone, two weeks after I updated to the latest firmware. Just one day it started draining 2-3 times faster than normal.

I disabled EVERYTHING that runs in the background, moved them to SD card so they wouldn't run, did a soft reset, and watched the battery. Problem disapeared. Moved them all back into ram and re-enabled them one at a time, then did a soft reset when they were all back, and watched the battery. Problem was still gone. And a week later it's still good.

Something is conflicting.. Unless you're not running ANYTHING in the background you can't say it's the phone firmware. I bet if you did a hard reset and didn't reinstall any applications it'd be fine. Or do what I did, it's much easier.
    I've tried this (but not comepletely - didnt reinstall the apps) and seems to work (somewhat). I've gain atleast 5% battery life after the end of my work day. It used to drop from between 80-85%. After removing Butler, Volumecare, and Treo Alarm, I now get up to 91% at the end of my work day. I rarely use my phone while working so this is pretty much idle usage.

Now I mentioned (somewhat) earlier. What I mean by that is I still need to soft reset my phone about 2 times in the morning when the charge would drop to about 97% within an hour and it would then go back up to 99%. After the 2nd time the drain stabilizes. This is what I've been doing in the past before I tried this technique and I still need to do it.

I will leave those apps uninstalled and will reinstall it in a few days. Will post my results.
    How do you know whats running in the background?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Now that I have enabled Versamail to check 1 mail account every hour for 8 hours a day i have noticed a deffinite increase in battery drain speed. Of course, i have been using my phone more, so its hard to say how much of an increase is just from Versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    How do you know whats running in the background?
    I'm not sure if there's a way to tell exactly. But programs that usually run on their own or something that will trigger it via settings, like alarms, Chatter, Snappermail (autosync), Volumecare, Butler, lightwav, mringer, Verichat (while online), etc.
    If you wanna make sure that there's nothing using the internet in the background...reset your phone and see if the radio turns on automatically. You could have a program to do this for you like PowerUp or something else...but disable everything that attempts to turn your radio on. Chatter will do this, verichat might do it as well.

Once you can reset the phone without the radio automatically turning on....THEN hold the green phone button and proceed to make calls as usual.

What's the battery life like then, with no data connection??

Also...I still recommend trying kyhatsus' method above if all else fails.