1.    #1  
    can someone tell me what band cell phones use on the sprint pcs network? I tried searching but did not find anything. thanks
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Sprint PCS is exclusively 1900mhz digital.

Joe
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    well at least until they start converting all the nextell 800mhz sites to sprint cdma...

Also- just about every PHONE sprint sells is at least daul band CDMA- meaning the radio in it does both 800 and 1900mhz. So it can roam on 800mhz CDMA networks (which basically means they can roam on Verizon which has a partial 800 and partial 1900 mhz network). The key here is that it CAN physically roam - if the providers give permission to do so varies by area...
    But remember that Nextel is moving all of their 800Mhz stuff into 1.9Ghz as well due to the interference with public services and security (Police, Fire, etc.). That is part of the reason the merger between the two companies was so appealing - Nextel's 1.9Ghz spectrum gives Sprint HUGE growth potential.

And between the two of them, they hold about 80% of the available market for spectrum in the 2.5Ghz range.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Oh- is that where nextel is moving too?

I wasn't sure. I thought they were just getting bumped up in the 800mhz band.

Interesting- then the combined company will wind up all in 1900.
    Quote Originally Posted by husef9926
    can someone tell me what band cell phones use on the sprint pcs network?
    I think it's either Journey, or Loverboy.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self