1.    #1  
    What happens to my calls if I turn off call waiting. Does the caller hear a busy signal or go straight to voicemail?
    Thanks,
    Jimbo
    It would go to voicemail. You don't think Verizon wants to loose the revenue of you calling to check the VM, do you?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Who pays to check your VM?? Mine is free!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks
    Who pays to check your VM?? Mine is free!!!
    With Verizon, checking VM from your cell phone uses minutes from your plan. This can add up. Go over your plan (as I sometimes do) costs money. I never go over enough to justify paying $20 more per month to go up to the next plan, but checking VM does cost minutes which can cause an expense.

What I do love about the 650 is that I can call from a landline and when the phone rings switch to "ignore" and it goes almost immediately to VM and I can check it without using minutes or waiting the five or so rings for it to go to VM.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    How do you check your VM? I have NEVER paid to check my VM!
    Rick just did a pretty good job of explaining it!
    By the way, thanks Dan. I don't think Pru understands what I'm saying as he's probably never gone over his minutes or just doesn't understand the bill. There is not a separate charge for VM on the bill, it is included in the plan minutes.

Pru, to get your VM from Verizon, there are only two ways to do it, and both dial your phone number. If you're on your phone and press and hold the '1' key, it just speed dials your cell number and get's you to VM as you can't call yourself. THIS USES YOUR PLAN MINUTES. You can dial from a landline and that doesn't use minutes and is free. I hope this explains it for you. If it doesn't call Verizon and ask.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    seems like dialing *86 also will get your voicemail- anyone know if that has any effect.

I'm no where near my minutes so i wouldnt have a lcue.

Just curious.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    When I dial my own cell number it's treated as a mobile-to-mobile call, therefore I don't pay for it.
    *86 is Verizons shortcut to dial your own number and thus is counted in your minutes when you use it.

Dialing your own number IS NOT TREATED AS MOBILE TO MOBILE. If you're happy with believing that, that's fine.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I can only speak for my plan and that's EXACTLY how mine works. I'm sorry if you're getting ripped off and you're too stupid to admit it.
    I can only speak for my plan and that's EXACTLY how mine works. I'm sorry if you're getting ripped off and you're too stupid to admit it.
    No need for name calling. You have 15 posts, learn some manners.
    Sorry, Pru, was just trying to help out. Good for you if you're the only person with Verizon who has that. If I remember right, you're the only person with Verizon who get's the first minute of your incoming calls free as well. It would be nice if you'd post the link to that plan so we can all benefit from it instead of calling people names.

I think you better read the outlined area here on Verizon's site. I've proved my point, now show us all yours.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/H...featureId=1867

Quotes from Verizon:
    "Airtime applies to message retrievals from your wireless phone."
    "IN Calling does not apply to Voice Mail retrieval."

I hope this doesn't make you feel stupid.
    First minute free, and calling your own number counting as mobile-to-mobile minutes are indeed part all calling plans...if you're stuck in a time warp. As for me, I live in 2005 and those features are long gone from Verizon. I suppose it is theoretically possible to still be grandfathered in on a regional plan that still has the first incoming minute free, but it probably also includes only 35 minutes per month and is otherwise just as useless in this day and age.

"I'm sorry if you're getting ripped off and you're too stupid to admit it."

Well, you're obvioulsy out to make a lot of friends here!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I know on sprint you can call into someone elses voicemail then get to your own box by navigating through the menus. (if I recall dialling 11 before the number would go straight to voicemail in certain regions) Since vzw is anal and makes you enter your pin every freakin call to your own voicemail i'd asume you can get to ther voiucemail boxes from someone elses message. I'm I nutty?