1.    #1  
    I'm getting a new 650 from Verizon because my Kyocera 7135 died. However, I have to change data plans, which will be an expensive proposition on VZW. I'm seriously considering a move to Sprint. Is there a way to convert the VZW 650 over to Sprint?

Thanks!

Don
    I'd like this answered too. I see a lot of "Verizonized Sprint" threads, but haven't seen the reverse and don't know what to search it. "Sprintized"? I have a spare 650 that I might just surprise my daughter with as she's on Sprint (I have another daughter on Cingular and I'm on Verizon, go figure).
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    i'd imagine you just follow the instructions but subsitute thje sprint files. The thing I think you have trouble with is I dont know if sprint has anyway to program over the air automated like verizon dialing *228. I never heard of that on sprint.

I'd check out sprintusers.com There's tons of info there about manipulating the sprint systems...
    The simple answer is NO. Sprint will not activate any phone with an ESN number that does not exist in their database. If its not a Sprint branded phone, they will not activate it.
    Last edited by cgordonn; 08/04/2005 at 09:45 PM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    No the simple answer is NO. Sprint will not activate any phone with an ESN number that does not exist in their database. If its not a Sprint branded phone, they will not activate it.
    Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Not what I wanted to hear though.
  6.    #6  
    OK, thanks. Sounds like selling a VZW 650 on eBay may be in my future.