Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When my wife receives my calls they now say from "ICE" . Has sprint done something. Other explanation?

Thanks.
    Did you or she enter an " In Case of Emergency" contact? This is something EMS services are pushing now. she probably has designated you as her ICE contact.
    Yeah, my wife is also showing up as ICE on Caller ID. It was the last entry I made with her cell number in my address book under ICE on my Treo.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Just put a 1 on the ICE information. Your phone won't show it anymore when she calls.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Just put a 1 on the ICE information. Your phone won't show it anymore when she calls.
    Dragonman, please explain-I'm not following.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I'm assuming you added an ICE entry with your wifes #. when she calls your phone sees the # and says "call from ICE".

Simply add a 1 before her # in the ICE entry like so:
    1-514-XXX-XXXX instead of
    514-XXX-XXXX, but ony in the ICE entry. Leave her other entry like it was when she calls the phone won't associate her # to ICE, but if anyone actually needs to use you ICE it will still dial her just fine.

Make Sense?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I'm assuming you added an ICE entry with your wifes #. when she calls your phone sees the # and says "call from ICE".

Simply add a 1 before her # in the ICE entry like so:
    1-514-XXX-XXXX instead of
    514-XXX-XXXX, but ony in the ICE entry. Leave her other entry like it was when she calls the phone won't associate her # to ICE, but if anyone actually needs to use you ICE it will still dial her just fine.

Make Sense?
    Tks Dragonman-I'll give it a go.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Wow. I can't believe I just got this same problem (must be a big push for this) and I did the reverse, since I already had the '1'. Hope this works. Thanks!
    I doubt it will work in reverse. The Sprint system at least doesn't require or really recognize the 1.

I'm not positive this will work as I remember people having the same problem when trying to progrm a button for free VM from sprint.

It works for me, I think, because of my Mp3 ringer. so YMMV.
    If you program the entry ICE as well as another entry with the name, it will come up in alphabetical order by last name then first name.

For example if you have:
    John Doe - 401-555-1212
    Ice - 401-555-1212
    Doe, John is triggered first because according to last names and Doe comes before Ice.

This is true wether ICE is written as the first name or as the last name if there is only a first OR a last name for the ICE entry.
    Now THAT makes sense!!
    My ICE solution is this:

My Treo 650 is set to lock (not keypad lock - actual security lock) prompting a password after 15 minutes. My ICE contacts are now part of my "Owner" info. Along with my name/address/number, I have the names/numbers of two ICE contacts.

I don't have ICE set up yet in my actual contact list, but the above will be helpful in getting that figured out, I reckon.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I, too, lock up my Treo so an ICE entry was pointless so like the above I made my emergency contact #s my part of Owner info so it pops up on the screen when someone tries to access
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    My ICE solution is this:

My Treo 650 is set to lock (not keypad lock - actual security lock) prompting a password after 15 minutes. My ICE contacts are now part of my "Owner" info. Along with my name/address/number, I have the names/numbers of two ICE contacts.

I don't have ICE set up yet in my actual contact list, but the above will be helpful in getting that figured out, I reckon.
    Great Idea Indicator
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    My wife doesn't come up listed with ICE because I have a separate entry for her as the ICE contact (her cell phone, in fact).

For those who still don't know about ICE, google "in case of emergency" and some recent news stories should come up. It's the kind of thing local newspapers like to report as something "new."

Because of the Treo's way of locating contacts, my ICE entry is actually the last name CE. The first name is "I have a person you should call" or words to that effect.

The Treo lists this as "CE, I have a person..." and of course this contact comes up when the emergency responder finds your phone and taps ICE.
    Why can't you be a nonconformist like everybody else?
    After doing this, when my wife called the caller ID displays ICE as well as the SMS was displaying ICE. So I pulled all of my wife's phones numbers out of the phone fields under ICE and placed them in the note field.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Make an entry in Contacts called .EMERGNECY INFORMATION (the period in front is important, it forces it to the very top of your contact list in front of anything else; hence, when your Contact is opened, the first item someone sees is that). If you want, call it .ICE, .PLEASE LOOK HERE or .<whatever you want>

Enter all the info you want under Notes. This allowed me to put in one place three contacts with names, relations and numbers, plus medical information. And since it is in the Note, you can format it to suit your data and it all appears at once. And it eliminates the other numbers being confused with this entry (as the above posts discuss).

If you want to add another entry with ICE (in case someone misses the other entry), then go ahead - nothing helps me more on an emergency scene (being a firefighter and paramedic) than CORRECT and USEFUL information!!
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Good info WildeMan and stay safe serving your community.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    ...to MAKE my wife the "in case of emergency" contact I change her name to that? Or put it in the "title" or what? I'm confused.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...to MAKE my wife the "in case of emergency" contact I change her name to that? Or put it in the "title" or what? I'm confused.
    I created a new contact called ICE. I then put my wife's name and contact info in the note field. I've also created a another contact called ".ICE" as the thread above suggested so that it appears as the first entry on my contact list.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast