1.    #1  
    I just got a text message from Sprint telling me an important update to my phone was available. Followed the link and, you guessed it, ROM update 1.12. Nothing like being right on top of things, Sprint.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'm betting that 80% of the users or more of Treos never visit this or related forums, so this may be the only way the majority ever get the word
    Well they let us Techies go for it first and beta test. Then after they saw we were OK with it they decided to tell everyone else .
    I got it today, too! Bit late..indeed
    I got the message today also. Was Throne posting when I got the message.
    Yeah, I think they let the first wave get to it who find by the Net and then send a message out for the others after the first wave settles down. Not a bad idea because otherwise they would have to deal with millions of potential support calls all at once if sending the message out when first available.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I didn't get mine 'till today... I was feeling so left out
    same here, just got the message today. I just hope they don't start spamming me like they did for the 1.08 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by robangel
    I'm betting that 80% of the users or more of Treos never visit this or related forums, so this may be the only way the majority ever get the word
    Heh...maybe we should start a poll on TC to see how accurate that number is.

It is sad but true that some people own a Treo and never visit this site. Sad, sad, sad.....Palm should just forget putting the manual in the box. They should drop a small slip of paper pointing them first to the online manual and THEN to TreoCentral. That would solve a lotta problems for them and us...
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yep..I got one too. I was like... that is SO a few weeks ago... =)
    I just got mine just now. LoL!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    agreed - i got mine a couple days ago - was perplexed until I realized it was as darnell said - we all early adopted by about 3 months...
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I got mine yesterday. Got excited for nothing