Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  


    I just noticed that my Treo 650 did not get the insurance on it I requested. I bought the Treo in May. I know for a fact that I requested the insurance because I did not have it on my Treo 600 which crashed after 14 months.

    They tell me that I needed to have noticed it within the first 30 days and there is nothing they can do. I have been a customer since 1998 and a good one at that.

    What poor customer relationship management. Surely the company they use for insurance gets enough money that they can rectify situations of employee error. I can certainly prove my story. They just need to look at the record to see my Treo 600 saga.
    Tina Beaner
  2. #2  
    satinas,

    Is your Treo 650 ok, or does it need to be replaced?

    Don't give up too easy in dealing with customer service, especially if the 650 is still working. I know most providers will let you insure the phone as long as you can make at least one billable call after it's insured.

    -jeff
    -jeff

    ...the Truth will set you free!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by santinas
    They tell me that I needed to have noticed it within the first 30 days and there is nothing they can do.
    My understanding is that if you try to add the insurance after 30 days, there is a waiting period before it will take effect. Nonetheless, you should be able to add it at anytime.

    -Sketchy
  4. #4  
    Sprint changed the policy in Jan. 05.

    Their system will not accept new policies for TEP for ACTIVATIONS more than 30 days old.

    Only way around that would be to get a differrent phone activated for a while then reactivate the 650.

    Might also check out several threads in the 650 Forum about State Farm PAP policy.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have had tons of success with these numbers:

    Retention - Negotiate a better plan / price to stay with Sprint PCS
    866-207-7913

    Customer Service - Straight to Rep.
    800-658-7564
    877-822-7505

    Executive Services - For when things get really messed up
    866-519-5698
    888-347-8988
    817-215-3070
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by santinas


    I just noticed that my Treo 650 did not get the insurance on it I requested. I bought the Treo in May. I know for a fact that I requested the insurance because I did not have it on my Treo 600 which crashed after 14 months.

    They tell me that I needed to have noticed it within the first 30 days and there is nothing they can do. I have been a customer since 1998 and a good one at that.

    What poor customer relationship management. Surely the company they use for insurance gets enough money that they can rectify situations of employee error. I can certainly prove my story. They just need to look at the record to see my Treo 600 saga.
    If you "added" it in May... Since that time you should have been charged 5.00 for it. It was your job to see if you were being billed correctly, it's as much your fault, as the CSRs for not adding it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I have had tons of success with these numbers:

    Retention - Negotiate a better plan / price to stay with Sprint PCS
    866-207-7913

    Customer Service - Straight to Rep.
    800-658-7564
    877-822-7505

    Executive Services - For when things get really messed up
    866-519-5698
    888-347-8988
    817-215-3070
    I'm sure those will come in useful in the future. Thanks!
  8. #8  
    Thanks. save it. Just in case something wrong
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by santinas
    I just noticed that my Treo 650 did not get the insurance on it I requested. I bought the Treo in May. I know for a fact that I requested the insurance because I did not have it on my Treo 600 which crashed after 14 months.
    The exact same thing happened to me when I activated by Treo 300. When the flip hinge broke, I called to see about a replacement. The CSR told me the insurance had never been added to my account. However, she said the hinge problem was well known and that she could offer a replacement anyway. This was right before the Treo 600 was released. She said they had no 300's in stock. I could wait for a 600, or she could give me a $300 credit on my account. Considering I bought the 300 used for less than that, I was happy to take the $300 credit. BTW, I made SURE insurance was on my account when I got the 600!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fl00d_pr0z
    If you "added" it in May... Since that time you should have been charged 5.00 for it. It was your job to see if you were being billed correctly, it's as much your fault, as the CSRs for not adding it.
    Nice gesture of compassion...

    Most people should be able to expect the CSR to actually do what they claim they are doing while setting up (or modifying) your account. Should we all check our accounts to ensure everything is correct? Yes. Should we HAVE to do this? NO.
  11.    #11  
    That was nice...maybe they will help if something happens.
    Tina Beaner
  12.    #12  
    The phone is just fine. Thanks
    Tina Beaner
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for the numbers. I am going to the top. I have been a good customer since 1998. Two phones and pay on time. I disagree with the person who says it was my responsibility to check the invoice. I would agree with them IF Sprint had told me I needed to make certain the insurance took and to review my bill. I have a small business and an accountant once a month. I would have told her to review the bill carefully had I known.
    Tina Beaner
  14. #14  
    First let me say I hope you can get this resolved.

    Second, saying you shouldnt have to review your bill to be sure your charges are correct is just silly. You should review your bill, especially when you change your plan or add or remove services. When a company has millions of customers do you really think every bill is going to be perfect? If you do, you are a fool and deserve whatever you get. It is just as much your responsibility to review your bills and confirm they are accurate as it is the biller. Maybe more so because it is in your own best interest to do so. Saying "I didnt think I had to because they didnt tell me to" is just plain childish and irresponsible.

    I hope you check up on your accountant. If he/she is screwing you and your business and you dont notice, are you the victim here because your accountant didnt tell you to check up on him/her from time to time? Nope. You are responsible.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy
    Nice gesture of compassion...

    Most people should be able to expect the CSR to actually do what they claim they are doing while setting up (or modifying) your account. Should we all check our accounts to ensure everything is correct? Yes. Should we HAVE to do this? NO.
    Compassion? c'mon be serious. Your second statement is dead on. We shouldnt have to check but we should do it anyway because even csr's make mistakes. Not doing so is inviting them to screw you. Trusting some lowpaid csr to do everything right all the time when they get b*tched at half the time is just a fantasy. No one is responsible for your *** but YOU!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  16. #16  
    Right, CSRs should get it right, but their human, and some just don't care. In the end it falls back on us to make sure things were done like we asked.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I have had tons of success with these numbers:

    Retention - Negotiate a better plan / price to stay with Sprint PCS
    866-207-7913

    Customer Service - Straight to Rep.
    800-658-7564
    877-822-7505

    Executive Services - For when things get really messed up
    866-519-5698
    888-347-8988
    817-215-3070
    I tried those executive numbers and they didn't work.

    I had the worst experience ever with a Sprint rep. My audio jack recently shorted like others have said. Thanks to Dragonman's suggestion of replacing the phone at the store for $10...I went to the local Sprint store to have them repair/replace the phone.

    I told the people there that I the phone was unoperable as I couldn't have a conversation on the phone. The manager told me he wouldn't replace it because...TA DA...that's an insurance claim. I ask him for the TEP pamplet, and he says they don't have any. I ask him to look up the TEP documentation online since they have access to the internet, and he said no. So at this point I'm extremely frustrated and I run home to collect my thoughts.

    I grab my 3.5mm-2.5mm adapter, printed out the TEP documentation, Palm's number, the numbers that BenJoeM listed above, and several people's comments on TC citing their failed headset jack. I point out that Palm doesn't handle warranty issues on this phone, Sprint does. I point out that several other people have had the same problem as me. Get this....He says, I don't know what you put in that jack!!! HUH??!!?? I'm thinkin', what does that have to do with anything?!? I could put a paperclip in there, but when I take it out I should still be able to make calls. ANYWAY...as I expected he would mention something that irrelevant, I pull out the adapter. He looks shocked but still denies the replacement. I ask if they do replace phones that have manufacturer's defects and what type of defect would warrant a replacement. He suggests that the keyboard doesn't work...well, that's an easy one because my alt key and right shift key don't work (at least not properly). He STILL denies the replacement!!!! I ask for HIS superior (even though he's the friggin' manager) and he says she won't be here 'til wednesday. I ask why I should wait TWO days without a phone. He suggests that I call lock/line (DOH! I'm not paying a $50 deductible and having this headset jack count as one of my two times to file a claim) or drive almost an hour away (wasting my time and gas money) to go to another store. I ask to use his phone so that I can call the numbers BenJoeM listed above. He refused to let me use the landline phone and then points to the model phones on the floor.

    I'd easily use my cell phone, but it was BROKEN!! ARRGGHH!! I take his advice and tried calling the executive numbers but they didn't work...I then frustratingly proceeded to dial *2 and ask for a representative. Ten minutes after I initially dialed, an Indian woman comes on and can't understand anything I'm saying. As soon as she finally starts to understand what I'm getting at, the phone cuts out. I ask to use THEIR cell phones out of the kindness of their hearts...but no offers.

    I go back home, called one of the direct representative numbers which I found do work (the rep picks up before you even here the ringing signal, awesome). All the representatives (two) I talked to said call lock/line...I ask to speak to their managers and finally I get somebody who knows what they're talking about. She appologizes for the inconvenience and says she'll order a replacement phone which should be here Wed or Thur.

    THAT'S THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A BUSINESS - EVER!! I will definitely be going back to that store on Wednesday to complain to his superior and I don't think I'm going to stop with her. I'm not a violent person, but that guy made me want to start kicking and screaming.

Posting Permissions