1.    #1  
    OK, before anyone jumps me, I have searched this forum, talked to Sprint Tier 2 tech support, and read PalmOne's forum.

None of P1's solutions worked for me. My last option is to try the 3rd party sync solution. I don't want to spend $20-$40 for a software to make my Treo work properly. The device and included software should already do it.

Anyone have any useful advice?
    I've had the OLERR issue twice. The first time was with my very first sync with the Treo and my calendar wouldn't sync (all other Outlook conduits were ok). The thing which fixed it was copying all my calendar items to a private calendar and then copying them back, a chunk of 30 or so at a time.

The second OLERR problem happened just recently with my memos (all other Outlook conduits ok, again). This time I deleted the database on the Palm and that worked. Naively, you think deleting the memos.pdb file is the right one but it isn't. There's another one that corresponds to Palm's new formats... forget the name at the moment.

Suggest you copy all items to private folders before attempting any of this.
  3.    #3  
    Thx, I will keep trying. I talked to Tier 2 Tech support at SPCS and they told me that beyond the P1 solutions, they can't help me. I've got a $599 + Tax phone/pda that basically only functions as a phone. The PDA functionality is useless. The Sprint store is offering to replace the handset (which I'm thankful they're at least trying to assist me...not that the tech guy isn't). I hope this will work, but I was warned by the Tier 2 tech guy that since this is a data issue, new hardware won't fix the problem.

If anyone has any additional info, I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS

The second OLERR problem happened just recently with my memos (all other Outlook conduits ok, again). This time I deleted the database on the Palm and that worked. Naively, you think deleting the memos.pdb file is the right one but it isn't. There's another one that corresponds to Palm's new formats... forget the name at the moment.

Same here, almost. My problem was the reset after what appeared to be the end of the hotsync. Actually, it was resetting after the tasks. Deleted the todo and tasks databases on the 650, and all has been fine since. I'd suggest reading the log and find out at what point in the process the error occurs. The problem function is problem the one immediately before the error.
    You could try dbScan (free from Pimlico Software/DateBk5) and have it scan your Current database. Then do Remove All Deleted Records from the Options menu. On your next HotSync, set the offending conduit to Handheld Overwrites Desktop (or vise-versa) and that might help. That procedure has resolved my OLERR problems in the past.
    What conduits are giving you the errors? I'm having trouble with all 4 of the Outlook conduits. What bugs me about the Palm (not #1) canned "solution" is that it doesn't really address some simple diagonostic issues at all. It makes no sense to go through and edit your calendar events if your problem is with contacts. If it's with all of the conduits, then working on an individual conduit will probably not help. That said, the general fixes they suggest did nothing to fix my problem. Did Tier 2 support give you any clues regarding which databases go with the various conduits? I tried deleting some of the Treo databases but probably did not do all or the right ones. Their discussion of the post 2003 conduit names could be a lot more helpful....
    Last edited by jrfaris; 07/28/2005 at 08:12 PM.
    Well, I just solved my OLERR problem (or at least found a work around). I read in one of the older posts that Hotsync would work if Outlook was open, so I tried it and the sync completed with no errors. Of course I had uninstalled and reloaded the Palm software but was still getting the error. I didn't make any changes in the various data files so all of that run around on the Palm site OLERR suggestion page didn't apply. I continue to get the errors if Outlook is not open so there is still something amiss. You would think Palm could implement some error messages that were usefull rather that just taking up log space. And their suggestion page is just another way to get out of dealing with the specifics of a user's problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Well, I just solved my OLERR problem (or at least found a work around). I read in one of the older posts that Hotsync would work if Outlook was open, so I tried it and the sync completed with no errors. Of course I had uninstalled and reloaded the Palm software but was still getting the error. I didn't make any changes in the various data files so all of that run around on the Palm site OLERR suggestion page didn't apply. I continue to get the errors if Outlook is not open so there is still something amiss. You would think Palm could implement some error messages that were usefull rather that just taking up log space. And their suggestion page is just another way to get out of dealing with the specifics of a user's problem.

Seems unfair to criticize PALM, when someone writes the solution, and you refuse to read it.
    Jazzi,
    Not sure what you're saying. I read & tried all of Palm's guidance. So did many other folks who posted here, without success. The problem is their guidance really is not structured to be used with any diagnostic data and they don't use the error messages in any constructive manner. The kicker is that their final "solution" is try someone else's software. Says something about Palm's software & their support. It's interesting that the fix you used wasn't discussed in their guidance either....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Same here, almost. My problem was the reset after what appeared to be the end of the hotsync. Actually, it was resetting after the tasks. Deleted the todo and tasks databases on the 650, and all has been fine since. I'd suggest reading the log and find out at what point in the process the error occurs. The problem function is problem the one immediately before the error.
    Bingo! Never had the problems at all until I installed Agendus/Oulook edition. Deleting the offending database (tasks) and forcing an overwrite did the trick. Thanks for the advice - but, as stated before, this answer wasn't available in Palm's knowledgebase.
    David