1.    #1  
    If I have a plan with insurance from verizon does anyone know if the insurance would cover my new treo if i activate it with verizon and deactivate my old phone?
    THanks
    statistically & categorically yes!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rawfish
    If I have a plan with insurance from verizon does anyone know if the insurance would cover my new treo if i activate it with verizon and deactivate my old phone?
    THanks
    It should because as soon as you activate your new phone, it becomes the one you're registered as using and that's the only phone they insure (the one you're using). But I've had it where Verizon has stopped the insurance on my plan when activating a new phone. It will only take you five minutes to call Verizon Customer Service (611 from the phone) and verify that you still have the insurance in effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    It should because as soon as you activate your new phone, it becomes the one you're registered as using and that's the only phone they insure (the one you're using). But I've had it where Verizon has stopped the insurance on my plan when activating a new phone. It will only take you five minutes to call Verizon Customer Service (611 from the phone) and verify that you still have the insurance in effect.
    If anything with Verizon's customer service took 5 minutes I'd be a happy man. Who knows what you'd get with a five minute phone call.
    Speaking of VZW insurance, just this past week I called to increase my plan to include more minutes. Whenever I make a change I alway review my account (which includes a share plan with my wife) with the CS rep. I found out that my insurance had been taken off of my 650 six weeks ago, which was about the time I added the txt/pix messaging plan. I know I didn't request that change

I had them put it back on, then called the next day to make sure it was there.

Moral of the story: frequently double-check ALL of your account options, especially after you make a change.

-jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
  6.    #6  
    I did speak to 611 and they said that it would still be covered.
    I will always double check since over the years Ive had plenty of verizon horror stories.
    Thanks for all the help.